Harry Potter is good!

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Picked it up today, and I was surprised how good the controls were. The castle is huge! Lots to explore. Anybody else pick it up?

I didn't think it was coming out until the movie did. I'll go rent it this weekend and maybe buy it when the price drops.

Yeah I always loved the Harry Potter games...but I need to save my money for better games. Perhaps I'll rent it....

I'm probably going to rent it. I hear the controls work well and the graphics are good. Also, there is a lot to do. I watched IGN's review and most of the points were taken off for technicalities.

Backwards Man said:
Picked it up today, and I was surprised how good the controls were. The castle is huge! Lots to explore. Anybody else pick it up?
your lucky. the game hasnt come out in Europe yet and im dying to play it. when is the film coming out in the US? its coming out in the UK on July 12th.:mad5:

Damn harry potter fags,
LOTR is well better.

%20%20%20harry%20potter%20grave.jpg

ericlewis91 said:
do u use the wiimote like a wand? cause thats just ***** crazy

Yes you use the wiimote like a wand and it works well most of the time, there is typically a short delay between the motion and the action on screen, the enviroment can make it tricky to use spells accurately because it can be hard to aim in narrow corridors, and occassionally it will sense your movement as the wrong spell but overall the controls works very well.

The castle is very large and looks and feels fully realised except for some blocked off doorways through out the castle but it still has lots of areas to explore and discoveries to find for gamers who just link to hunt and explore for bonus items. Some of the minigames can be entertaining such as the marble game where the idea is to knock out the most marbles, but the matching minigames are boring and take to long to complete in my opinion. Graphically its not that bad for a wii game but it still looks like a typical last gen game to me. Generally the game is what you would expect from a Harry Potter game and the for once the wii controls makes the game better then its HD next generation versions. The game is great if your a fans of the series and casual gamers.

Last edited:
Back