Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix (Wii)

You know what I meant..the worlds, the creatures, the themes, and all of that is the same

yeah because they are all fantasy based....... that's like saying tolkien invented orcs/elves and other fantasy based lore. I think you will find it all stems from anchient myths and legends, and everyone has a right to emulate their take on a fantasy universe. In my opinion LOTR is one of the gayest things ever, Frodo and Sam? whats that all about.

Anyway back on topic, if this game does use the mote as a wand it has the potential to be awesome just like the ds's lost magic....

How did J.K.Rowling get the idea of a wizard going to a wizarding school from a bunch of elves trying to destroy a pathetic ring?
J.K.Rowling started writing Harry Potter way before Lord of the Rings came out, from what I believe.
The Harry Potter films are great, unlike the Lord of the Rings films which is 3 boring hours about trying to destroy a ring, what type of story is that, could of been more imaginative.

Onto the real topic, I think th game will be great, its the type of game that is suited to the Wii, EA can expand on this game with the capabilities of the Wii and I believe it will be much more better than on any other consoles, only if EA can actually be bothered to use the Wii's full capabilities to make it a whole new game.

The Movies are HORRIBLE. But the Books are awesome. I hate whoever makes these movies. The worst part is that the people they're casting are pretty good for the roles. Its just that they suffer from pathetic scripts, directing, and overall story telling. Its sad really. If I were JK Rowling I would have stop this mess a long time ago.

Joeleh said:
J.K.Rowling started writing Harry Potter way before Lord of the Rings came out, from what I believe.

That is wrong, Tokien started his books in the 1800's, when J.K. Rowling wasn't even born yet.

For the person who said they are all the same: No, they are not although they may share some fantasy related creatures, the basic plot and settings are very different.

Back on topic: How do you think the size of the castle will be - small, medium or large? Do you think you will be able to explore every single area in the building?

Also, the confirmed characters are (of course): Harry Potter, Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger.

Please, no more arguing.

FR. said:
That is wrong, Tokien started his books in the 1800's, when J.K. Rowling wasn't even born yet.

Actually, Tolkien was born in 1892 so I'm pretty sure he wasn't writing LoTR at age 8! He finished the books around 1948. Still, your point is accurate that Tolkien could not and did not copy JK Rowling.

FR. said:

For the person who said they are all the same: No, they are not although they may share some fantasy related creatures, the basic plot and settings are very different.

Back on topic: How do you think the size of the castle will be - small, medium or large? Do you think you will be able to explore every single area in the building?

Also, the confirmed characters are (of course): Harry Potter, Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger.

Please, no more arguing.

You are both wrong! Tolkien was a veteran in World War 1&2 who decided that he wanted to write his own book, because he wasn't interested with books in any of the existing genres. He accidentally created the fantasy genre. It started in the early 1930's, when he wrote The Hobbit. After the second World War, he wrote the Lord of the Rings series in the same setting as The Hobbit, but this time around, the storyline of the book would be stained with an influence of war. He was essentially writing a romantic, adventurous, action-packed, war story hybrid. Saruman was actually based off of Hitler. Lord of the Rings came out in the 1950's. J.K. Rowling was just a poor lady who wrote a story about wizards (much later on), so she had something to fall back on.

Yeah and she (J.K. Rowling) copied off Tolkien's methods in having a good story just to be famous and have money unlike Tolkien who did it for hobbies..and Rowling even used the name method as Tolkien, example: J.R.R Tolkien, J.K. Rowling

My god, you honestly do see every possible connection no matter how mediocre it is. And when J.K. Rowling was writing her books, money was not on her mind, I can guarantee you that fact.

Back on topic!

omfg! sweet, ive been hoping for this game for a long time, but leave it to ea to screw up a potentially great game, i doubt they will even allow our movements to determin the spell type, im sure it will be like, choose a spell, press A and and move wiimote. i wish there was a microphone tho, as somone said earlier, i was thinkin this before the wii even came out, sayin the spells and then using the exact movement to cast it....priceless, and if they had online play that would be even better.

Microphone would be good, but only if you don't have to hold it to your mouth. You should be able to say the spell/jinx aloud while actually doing the wand movement rather than saying the spell, then flicking the wand.

When I first heard about the Harry Potter books I thought it was going to be SOO stupid. I never read any of the books and heard my friends rant and rave over them. I thought it was a nerdy type of thing. I watched some of the movies and only watched them because my Mom was interested in them. I thought they were OK but nothing special. My Mom dragged my Dad and I to see the first one in theaters and the only reason we went because we wanted to see a Star Wars preview lmao. I remember watching the last one that came out on video which was Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, I was like oh that was better then the others. Last summer I went to the beach with my family and forgot my book, I was reading at the time, so my cousin, who is a Harry Potter freak, said just read it and try it, see if you like it. I tried to read a Harry Potter book years ago and never liked it, but I gave it a chance. Well I read a few pages and a few more, after a while I didn't want to put it down!!!! I read it at the pool, on the beach, before I went to bed, and while we drove to far away places. My cousin laughed and said its crack isn't it? Needless to say we were at the beach for a week and I finished the first book during that week and started the second one by the time we left for home. I started reading these books in August and I am on the sixth book right now, half way done actually :D. Its tooo addicting :crazy:. I reserved the seventh book and have a count down on my myspace for the book release. When I finished a book I watched the movie and was like wow wtf these movies are way different!!! I kept saying to my family........hey that didn't happen.........that didn't happen that way......they cut things out that were good!!! My family kinda just looked at me and were like okay its called obsession. The movies are OK but the books are way better! The fourth movie was pretty good but the others just plain.......sucked. I am getting sad to finish the sixth book because I don't want it to be over and wait for the seventh book!:nonod: :sad: My best friend and I are so excited for the book and will still see the next movie to see how it turns out. So the moral of the story is don't judge a book on its cover!!! Read some of it and give it a chance, you never know you might like it. I am proud to say I am a Harry Potter freak lol!

But ANYWAYS I can't wait to play the game, never played any of the games, but my friend introduced them to me and wow lovin it!

Last edited:
ok...but let's face it: it's impossible for the same kids(Harry, Ron and Hermoine) to be the heroes and the ones in trouble and adventures all the time, in every freaking book, who's gonna believe that? if they were old and protectors of the peace or whatever then that's a different story, but that is one of the reasons I think Harry Potter books/movies just can't be

Back