Has Amazon Germany Given Away the Wii U Price and Release Date?

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8673-wii-u-1.jpg

GamesIndustry International reports today that it looks likely that Amazon.de, the German Amazon site, has given away the price of the Wii U, as well as the release date, by telling gamers that they can already pre-order the console. According to the report, Amazon.de is offering the Wii U for pre-order for €399.99, with an on-sale date of December 21. This would make it around $508, or £323. The website has even listed the price of Wii U games, setting them at €69.99, or $89/£56. The report goes on to say that Amazon. de has, however, also taken care to publish the following disclaimer along with the (apparently) leaked pricing and release date details:

“Please note that Nintendo has not yet provided retail price and the price may drop even more. According to recent information, the console will be released before Christmas.”

GamesIndustry International notes that this is not the first apparent price leak for the Wii U, with Amazon UK having previously listed it for £199, and UK outlet ShopTo listing it for £279.85, with games costing £39.85.

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-20-amazon-de-sets-wii-u-price-and-release

I oh-so highly doubt the WiiU and it's games would be priced as such. Hell, I'd doubt there'd be such a price even if it was bloated by a poorly-valued currency in a poor economic situation. Especially with Ninty's claim of many games being $50.

... If I'm wrong, I'll cry manly tears from the depths of my soul.

Wow thats a whole lot of money but like Karpy said I doubt it's true thats 40 more dollars then the regular wii games it should be games $60 and system $350 but thats me

Back