Having issues with our new Wii

driksna

To Old For GAMES
Dec 25, 2007
Got our family Wii today with a handful of new games.

We been having a issue since we got it out the box. We load games in the wii and most of the time we hear the game disc clicking around instead of loading then a error message comes up saying "Disc error please eject your game and turn of your wii. I then read in the manual if you get this error unplug wii for 5 min and try again from there.

After doing this it will work sometimes and we can play a game other times have to repeat waiting 5 min. It does it for all the games. I went to the nintendo site. followed thier links and they said on site if you are getting this error with all game disc like we are. It is your wii and it needs to be went in to get fixed:( They are sending us a shiping label to send it in to get fixed.

What a bummer to get a new system out of a box and have such a huge error right away. After all the great things i have heard and read about wii. I was very down on nintendo for boxing a system that had such issues that needed to be fixed:(

Has anyone else had this problem new and found a easy fix then waiting 2 weeks to get ir mailed out fixed and returned

I had the same problem. I bought my wii off of ebay brand new in box. It worked for about a day and now when I load a disc it gives me the disc read error message. I've tried cleaning the disc and blowing out the console with compressed air to no avail. What should I do?

I experienced this problem with only the Wii Sports Disc. I just eject the disc and insert it back into the Wii and the problem goes away.

wow must been a faulty system from nintendo. I got my 1year ago during 2nd shipment my is not faulty I got my from Target. I feel bad for you guys that is not working. I wish I could help to fix it. If you register your serial number you should get it fix for free or try to return the product to back to Nintendo.

If I turn the system off and let it sit for 5 minutes it will work fine for a little while and then when you finish a game it gives me the unable to read disc error again. Any ideas on what I should do?

After posting this and doing some google research all of us that do get this error and have to unplug our wii for 5 min all the time should go to the nintendo site and set it up to get it repaired,

Its easy to go to the site and enter in this error and it tells you to send it in to get fixed.

I'm now just waiting to get my label in the mail to ship them my Wii. Sure it will take about 2 weeks for them to get it fixed and back to my house. But I'm thinking its best while its free for them to fix it to do so.

This way i can get the issued fixed for free. rather then keep unplugging it then a year from now it breaking worse and costing me to get it fixed.

thanks for the replies:) and all those that get the eeror and this issue if new send it in now have them fix it for free like me it worth it i think:)

Not happy with Nintendo!!

Got my family a Wii for Xmas,. I was So excited to give it to them. I bought 11 games and all of the accessory kits for the sports games and we plug it in and it doesn't work, Not even a little tiny bit. I am really upset and I just can't believe how dissapointing this day was. It is all plugged in and set up but when you try to insert a game it won't take it. There is like a blue light that comes on for a half a second where you put the game but then it goes right off and you can't power off the system. I just wonder how long nintendo will take to repair it. Actually, I just want them to give me a new one since it has never even been used yet. Oh well, Merry Christmas!

o_o Bam, that's tough.
But don't blame Nintendo so much. They are making as much consoles as fast as they can for the hard demand. A flawed console will turn up every now and then, just like every other system.

same here.......after spending all my christmas cash on the wii and many accessories, my family was so disappointed on Christmas no less. Nintendo better compensate families that went through this.

similar problem brand new for my daughters Christmas present. Highly dissapointed it wont load games keeps freezing locks up and emits a squealing noise basicly no good.. called nintendo service centre they have no replacement machines just a repair service which takes 2 weeks.. what crap service especially at this time of year . I have a very dissapointed 11 year old.

nintendo do not give a toss i called them. I had an hour wait to get through and no replacements available. who wants to wait 2 weeks for a repair.. Bad service from a huge company.

Back