HD Componet Cable for Wii

Gaz said:
WTF how am i having trouble understand that, read what i said!! i said gold does not rust, so if you cover iron cables (not that you would have iron cables) with gold, the iron will not rust,but the thing is, you don't do that often, and using gold cables isn't exactly something i would do, as gold isn't a strong metal.
You said that silver rusted, silver doesn't rust. so i don't see why the hell your saying i don't understand!!

Because you don't understand that when he was saying rust, he meant corrodes.

dee dee dee

SinceNine19 said:
Robertlatacz said:
So those this mean that 780p is better than 1080i, just so I no when I get my ps3.
No. 1080 is the best out to date period.
SinceNine19 is partially correct, if he is referring to 1080p. However, there is debate among videophiles as to whether 720p or 1080i is the better format.

While framerates can change, 720p is always progressive format with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels, and typically 60 fps. 1080i is interlaced format with resolution of 1920x540 and typically 60fps (usually meaning 1920x1080 total pixels effectivly 30fps).

1280x720 = 921600 pixels per frame
1920x1080/2 = 1036800 pixels per frame

so the two formats produce similar pixel counts, but 720p better reproduces fast motion. For comparison, computer monitors are inherently progressive. For things like games, you usually want progressive video. 1080p is 1920x1080 with 60 fps.

vagrant said:
Because you don't understand that when he was saying rust, he meant corrodes.

dee dee dee
eeeer.. ok, and explain to me the difference bettween rust and corrosion. nevermind i will do it for you.

Corrosion is deterioration of essential properties in a material due to reactions with its environment.

Rust is due to oxidation of the iron atoms. which is the deterioration of essential properties in a material due to reactions with its environment.

SinceNine19 is partially correct, if he is referring to 1080p. However, there is debate among videophiles as to whether 720p or 1080i is the better format.

While framerates can change, 720p is always progressive format with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels, and typically 60 fps. 1080i is interlaced format with resolution of 1920x540 and typically 60fps (usually meaning 1920x1080 total pixels effectivly 30fps).

1280x720 = 921600 pixels per frame
1920x1080/2 = 1036800 pixels per frame

so the two formats produce similar pixel counts, but 720p better reproduces fast motion. For comparison, computer monitors are inherently progressive. For things like games, you usually want progressive video. 1080p is 1920x1080 with 60 fps

to extend upon what tighr said, any interlaced resolution (480i, 1080i, etc) really only displays 1/2 the amount of lines per frame. so, for example, 480i displays 240 per frame, 1080i displays 540 per frame. whereas progressive displays the full amount of lines each frame, so 720p = 720 per frame. so if you want to compare 720p and 1080i, its 720 lines per frame vs 540 lines per frame. i'll take 720p any day over 1080i. progressive >> interlaced.

and here's a great link for 480i vs 480p comparison on the Wii. yes, the component cables make a huge difference: Linky

Gaz said:
eeeer.. ok, and explain to me the difference bettween rust and corrosion. nevermind i will do it for you.

Corrosion is deterioration of essential properties in a material due to reactions with its environment.

Rust is due to oxidation of the iron atoms. which is the deterioration of essential properties in a material due to reactions with its environment.

To put an end to all this:
Rust is iron oxide
Silver does not "rust" (as that term is used for only for iron), but it is very easily oxidized into silver oxide...which is the silver equivalent of rust

Blinky said:
To put an end to all this:
Rust is iron oxide
Silver does not "rust" (as that term is used for only for iron), but it is very easily oxidized into silver oxide...which is the silver equivalent of rust

ok your trying to correct me (when i'm already right), and getting it wrong.

Silvers equivelent of iron's rust is called tarnish, which also effects Copper and brass as well as other metals as well.

But the differences are clear:

1. Rust is caused by Oxygen and Moisture in the air. But Tarnish is commonly the effect of sulphur in the air (which is not often in the air, in large quantities)

2. Rust forms very quickly, where as tarnish is slow to appear.

3. rust isn't easy to clean off, where as tarnish comes up with some toothpaste.

i can carry on if people want me 2, why not just give up whilst your ahead?

vagrant said:
I'm glad you took the time to wiki to say things that have already been said.

And if you are going to use "mainstream" in that context, then high def tv's themselves aren't even mainstream. But as far as High Definition Televisions go, 1080 is mainstream, as every non low cost hdtv that is coming out now supports 1080p via HDMI.

The 'context' he's using is the definition of the word.

I think the key phrase you have in this rebuttal is 'every non-low cost hdtv', which specifically translates into 'any hdtv over $1200' - which is a huge effing qualifier.

Back