Heat Ray

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
raygunusa.jpg

The U.S. military has developed a non-lethal ray gun that makes people feel like they're on fire. Yes! It's supposed to be used in places like Iraq and Afghanistan (where else?) in order to disperse crowds and get people to cooperate. It uses millimeter electromagnetic waves to penetrate the skin and raises body temperature to 130 degrees Fahrenheit near instantly. Combine this with other top notch U.S. military technology and it's pretty easy to see why we're number one, now and forever.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w4g2vr7B4[/MEDIA]

Source

This is some pretty old news, though I found it pretty interesting, especially with the vid.:lol:

I've heard about this. It should seem useful. I'd like to see it working in an actual situation with a crowd though.

They have ones they use that use sound waves for the same purpose. Kinda, cool, but I have yet to see footage of it actually working to disperse a crowd.

Yeah, I remember reading about this quite a while back. If the development of weapons continue to advance in this way, the extinction of the human race is not so far off into the future.

Byuakuya said:
Yeah, I remember reading about this quite a while back. If the development of weapons continue to advance in this way, the extinction of the human race is not so far off into the future.
wouldnt nonlethal weapons mean that extinction is futher away seeing as how they arent ment to kill?

Yeah if you stayed in it for more than 5 seconds I'm pretty sure 130 degrees would do some damage to organs and things.

130 sounds lethal... perhaps a silent killer... no sounds or flash for at night time.

maybe it's like that lovely heat index...

...current temperature is 100 degrees but it feels like 130! :yesnod:

Mitch2025 said:
wouldnt nonlethal weapons mean that extinction is futher away seeing as how they arent ment to kill?
By increasing the core body temperature, the damage caused to the internal organs would be quite lethal. Therefore, I would personally consider this to be a lethal weapon also.

How can something that raises your body temperature to 130 be nonlethal?

You get brain damage when your body temp rises above 106.

Its non lethal in the sense that it is very focused and the person runs away from it. If you were to strap someone down so they couldn't move and then use it then yes it would be lethal. In that sense it would be quite a potent means of torture.

Byuakuya said:
It's non-lethal...

Byuakuya said:
Once again, even if it is non-lethal in small doses, increasing the body temperature to 130 degrees can be lethal.
Yes, but I'm sure it's a much more humane and non harmful way of dispersing a crowd than gunning a bunch of them down.

FRuMMaGe said:
Yes, but I'm sure it's a much more humane and non harmful way of dispersing a crowd than gunning a bunch of them down.
I agree. Lets just hope that they only use it to disperse crowds and not to harm innocent people in the name of war.

Back