HELP! my wii just went blank!

gabbydp

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
today just now i while i was playing wario ware and i decided to go back to the main menu, and i acciendentally used the tv remote to go to regular tv but when i went back to video, it was just blank, never went back to the menu screen..:ee5k: i've tried turning off and on and it still wouldn't. i took it out of the power for a while and it wont go to the warning screen in the start. it can be turned on but it wont go to that opening warning screen.. i don't know what to do anymore. :mad2: . did the system malfunction due to mix signals from the tv remote? thats my concern now.. our system is american. it is not working but can turn on... please help asap! :) thank you! :thumbsup:

are you sure you have it on the right input channel? if it went back to the menu then you hit the t.v. remote and it was gone.. i doubt it has anything to do with the t.v. remote they run off infared... the wii buttons all run off wifi, the only thing thats infared is the pointer...check your cables and make sure you have it on the right input channel...

tanx for ur instant reply! but the inputs are the same, i was playing wario ware and then tried to go to the main menu but after that went blank and thats it.. it can be turned on and the tv blinks and no warning screen apears...

does the cable or satellite channels work???

ya change the inputs around or try a different t.v. if that doesnt work just unplug the wii for a bit let it sit... if not call up nintendo...

Mau said:
does the cable or satellite channels work???
the tv cable is fine.. its the wii am worried about cause its on the video mode and it show andy picture nor sound after i played.. maybe it just conked out or maybe got a defective one? i have a feeling of this.. :mad2:

i use my tv mote to change channels when waiting for stuff to load up and nothings happened,

try looking at the cables that plug into tv, or maybe get some sort of new cables.

maybe overheated??? do you have your wii in a close area??

Mau said:
maybe overheated??? do you have your wii in a close area??

nope..it was fine... right now im going to try it in another tv.

ok i just tried the other tv and still the same.. it turns on but with a blank screen.. but the thing is, does the wii make a regular sound when u turn it on? it does right?

Lol, your Wii just went blank...I guess that saying is true afterall.

Sorry bud, I don't know a way that might even come close to fixing that.

no it probably just overheated and popped the video card or something.. they had a few do that but not alot considering the millions pumped out... all you gotta do is call or visit nintendos website they will have you send back just the wii, and you will get a new one replacing it

Back