Help needed protecting the Zora kid!?

Spride

Lifes Helix!?
Mar 7, 2007
Gloucestershire
Really getting into Zelda but seem to have hit a snag, the bit where you protect the wagon is really getting annoying and frustrating, I just can't get the hang of the hard to control donkey Epona and shooting, every time I try the goblin things seem to burn the wagon or the wagon keeps going in circles cos the bird drops a bomb (can't lock on to the bird to shoot it either)
This seems a really badly designed segment of the game:mad5:

This is what i did: Stay behind the carrige (i mean a lot like this:
carrige----bird-----------you--goblins)
It helps if you set things up like that a lot. Then what happens is the goblins shoot at you and you just need to hit them while shooting at the birds when they come

I don't see what's so hard about it. I was able to beat it without killing any enemies and just using the Boomerang.

Killing the birds is the biggest thing. Then just make sure to keep the fire off of the wagon with the boomerang.

Here's my $0.02

1) Before you start the ride, set up your bomb arrow combo.
2) Hang back behind the wagon a bit, as previously suggested.
3) Take out the goblins with your exploding arrows. 1 shot to each pair will do it.
4) The birds do nothing but drop bombs to get the carraige off course. Once you've taken care of the goblins and potenital fires, you can take a little more time with the birds.

It took me a couple of tries too! I didn't figure this strategy out until me 2nd or 3rd go at it.

Good luck!!!!

CJ

Here's how to go about it

:cool: keep behind the wagon and when it sets alight run into the back of it whilst changing into first person perspective and then boomerang it.

The Birds

Do not go into first person perspective to target the birds (as that is virtually impossible), stay as you are and when a bird gets in view or close press Z button to lock on with the boomerang and then B button to launch it. :thumbsup:

Hey yea the birds are the key I killed like 1,000,000 of the goblins and then found out

Psss!! look
USE THE SEACH BUTTON!!!!

I have been really struggling with this too!! No matter what I do the goblins keep coming and then the daft wagon won't ever get back on track!!! Its been driving me insane!! I will go and try the bomb arrow combination though so how that works!

SassC100 said:
I have been really struggling with this too!! No matter what I do the goblins keep coming and then the daft wagon won't ever get back on track!!! Its been driving me insane!! I will go and try the bomb arrow combination though so how that works!
Don't. U need to hit the birds. Best way is to use ur boomarang

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to do, took me a few times, but I got it done :D

Spride said:
Really getting into Zelda but seem to have hit a snag, the bit where you protect the wagon is really getting annoying and frustrating, I just can't get the hang of the hard to control donkey Epona and shooting, every time I try the goblin things seem to burn the wagon or the wagon keeps going in circles cos the bird drops a bomb (can't lock on to the bird to shoot it either)
This seems a really badly designed segment of the game:mad5:

Boomerang must you use to defeat teh birds.

Back