HELP...NEW TO Wii

bsthompson

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Help! I purchased a Wii Wireless Remote Controller (Jap. Version) off of Ebay not realizing that the instructions, etc. would come with only Japanese language. I can't seem to power it on and I'm not sure if there's something I'm doing wrong. YES - I put the batteries in but it won't power up. Does anyone know what might be wrong or is it simply defective??

My first thought on this would be that Japan Wii's may use a slightly different power converter system then North American or UK systems. This could be similar to having a region code for DVD's or DVD players. If it is similar to a region code then the remote may only be designed for use with a Japan Wii system.

Maybe take a few minutes and Google to see if there is a difference in between the Japan and North American Wii systems.

are you usig a jap. wii remote to turn on an american wii? i dunno if that will work...not sure though

If this is the second controller, you will need to synchronize the second controller to the console.

1. Take off the battery cover to the wii controller. Push the little red button that is inside next to the batteries.

2. Open the little slot just below the on off switch. Press the red button.

After you have done both of those things your controller should be synchronized with the console. You should be able to turn the power on and off. However, it being a Japanese controller, I do not know it it will work.

Back