HELP URGENTLY NEED INFO on Wii

clo243

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hi all - please please hope someone can help me - I have from Ireland and a friend of mine's son has asked for a Wii for Christmas from Santa - they are not to be got in Ireland at all this year - all stock has been sold out . My husband is in the US on business trip and i need to know if he brings one back from the US can be used in Ireland? think there might be an issue with input or output or something - I am really hoping there is someone on here who can help - and also roughly what does the console cost in the US? thansk in advance

The Wii is region locked, meaning that if you buy a US Wii, it will NOT play the Wii games sold in Europe. You would have to import games from the US.

you will have to also buy a new power adapter, or use a step down converter, i have a US wii in the UK, works great cause they charge to damn much for games in the UK.

so basically...

All games in the US has some kind of blocking thing. If you buy your Wii in the US, the games from the US will work on it. European games, however, hates US Wiis and will NOT run if you run it on a US Wii.

BUT I'm pretty sure the Wii itself will work (US or European in the US or Europe). Just don't buy games from Europe if you but a US Wii.

-Damascus :lol:

You could get the Wii chipped, but that's frowned upon, and also has the added benefit of voiding your warranty. It may be best to wait to find a Wii in your home country, but If you need one by Christmas, get ready to import.

Back