please help japanese wii in england

Primrose

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2008
Hello, Im new to all this, but I need help.

My Father bought me a Japan version Wii for christmas - he didnt realise it was region locked and he was assured it would work in england - where we live. The Console itself plugged in fine in England with no need for an AC adaptor. The console itself is all in Japanse (which I expected and am fine with) but when i put in an english game it came up with a question mark and a lot of writing which frustratingly i had no idea what it meant.

I want to know if there is anyway of making the Wii accept and run English games or where I will have to only buy japanese games. - if this is the case is it possible to buy games with a japanese setting but in English language?

Thank you and i hope someone can help...

Modding it would release the region lock most likely but buying Nintendo games might mess your console up due to the mod, depends what you want more I guess.

Primrose said:
Hello, Im new to all this, but I need help.

My Father bought me a Japan version Wii for christmas - he didnt realise it was region locked and he was assured it would work in england - where we live. The Console itself plugged in fine in England with no need for an AC adaptor. The console itself is all in Japanse (which I expected and am fine with) but when i put in an english game it came up with a question mark and a lot of writing which frustratingly i had no idea what it meant.

I want to know if there is anyway of making the Wii accept and run English games or where I will have to only buy japanese games. - if this is the case is it possible to buy games with a japanese setting but in English language?

Thank you and i hope someone can help...
Hi,
I am in a similar situation, I have a gift -which the Japanese Wii.
Can you play or I should return it?

Back