Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HELP video output SUCKS :-(

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by 6205, Nov 9, 2007.

1. 6205

6205 WiiChat Member

Hello,

I just bought my new Nintendo Wii with RGB Scart Cable + Metroid Prime 3, but i am dissapointed, because i cannot get from the console RGB video signal.My expensive 3 years old TV (Phillips CRT 32" 16:9) have 3 Scarts - all RGB so it should work without problems like it works with my PS2 and XBOX - but not with Wii :-(

Believe me, difference in picture quality is HUGE and if i turn on Wii, TV shows me in left top corner that only CVBS signal is present and thats all - i am fininshed, because in Wii configuration menu is nowhere to find setting for video output signal like on PS2 or XBOX...Also when i launched Metroid Prime 3 - game have updated my Wii software - but RGB signal with best picture quality is still missing.

Can you PLEASE help me somehow - CVBS signal is horrible...Is it possible somehow set up my Wii and enable RGB video output ?

I am from Slovakia, EU and i have bought standart PAL console, everything is fully legal - no modchip crap...My retailer have not yet answered on my e-mails and i currently dont know what to do and where lies the problem...Console or Cable?

THANK YOU FOR HELP

2. 6205

6205 WiiChat Member

3. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

Glad you got it resolved - I saw your post, and while I'm reasonly well versed with video for US/NTSC spec, I don't know the details of the Scart/Euro spec very well.

~DT