Help. :)

aes_courtier

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
2410-6845-2547-9706
Hey Guys!

I'm trying to get the internet hooked up to the Wii. Well I have established a internet connection to it, and now I'm tyring to do the update to the system. How long does a update take to do usually? I've been letting it sit for over 15 mins now, and I was just curious if something might be wrong with it? I mean I do see progress at the bottom of the screen where its filling up the bar. Can someone please help me? Thanks so much.

-Amy

Thanks surfinrach. :) I was just curious. It's nice to talk to everyone from around the world, and to get help with the Wii. My husband knows a lot of comp stuff, and he's currently out to sea right now. That's why I need the help right now. So thanks again! :)

Last edited:
Your first update does take a while yes, just hang in there :)
You said it's still moving so it's still going :)

Welcome to the forums also, hope to see you stick around :thumbsup:

So, when it gets done with the update. Does that mean that I will have the internet, and if so what do I do for a browser? LOL, I'm so clueless right now.

lol, where's Mushroom Kingdom? It is in the Wii Shop Channel?

Last edited:
Well it's just like having the internet on the pc lol. You can go on web-sites and play games, watch videos etc.

Well we're pretty sure that wiichat.com is the biggest wii forum on the net right now so we're from all over the place, which is great :)

Personally I'm from Wales in the UK. We got people from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Germany even Malta. It's a nice mixture and you get to learn a lot of things from them all :)

I have a lot of trouble with my connection and updates + downloads

WiiZero said:
I have a lot of trouble with my connection and updates + downloads

Check out the FAQs and there's also a stickied thread about connection help in the online section I do believe. :)

aes_courtier said:
lol, where's Mushroom Kingdom? It is in the Wii Shop Channel?
The Mushroom Kingdom is on a faraway planet called, Uranus. Oh yeah, you dont need to edit every one of your posts.

lol, gotcha. Sorry I'm new to forums as well. :confused: LOL

My gosh, can it take up to an hour for this thing to update?

Ahh it's okay no worries :)

If you need any more help you can check out the FAQs and be sure to check out the Forum Rules.

Also we have a reputation system on here where if somebody helps you out you give them good rep, and if they aren't being so nice and helpful then you give them some negative rep. We're trying to make it more in use here as not many people use it at the moment. It helps out the forum a lot. So be sure to use that!

On the online section I do believe there is a stickied thread about online help. So if you have any more problems just check that out :thumbsup:

Edit: And yup, it can take that long, as it's only now you're doing it you probably got more to update that's all :)

Just go outside, or play with your pets (if you have any), or just change the channel and watch TV while it downloads.

Back