help

lovecircus

WiiChat Member
Aug 1, 2007
hi, i recently bought a wii from japan and am having a few problems setting it up. probably because everything is in japanese and im in scotland.
iv bought a socket converter and everything seems to be in the correct place but i dont hav any colour on-screen, its just black and white which as you can imagine is quite annoying. can anyone help me out?

is there something else i should buy? i should mention that when i switched on for the first time there was a spark and a bang which i think came from the power cable. could thishav caused the problem?

Okay, if a spark and a bang came from the power converter this is definitely not good! No two ways about that, and this can definitely explain why you are having the video problems. It could have fried a circuit in the Wii or your tv. If you can return it, I would do just that. As far as getting up and running, you will either have to play hit and/or miss with the settings (which is probably never going to work out unless you are extremely bored and/or just have alot of time on your hands); find someone who knows Japanese to come over to your house to do it (unless you can find one on the web who can look at some screenshots for you; but again this will take alot of time); or possibly find someone that can walk you through it step by step while on their's (this would probably be easiest over the phone and is probably the easiest you will be able to do it short of a Japanese friend). But again, the whole thing with the power supply is NOT GOOD! Hope things work out for you.

Back