Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Component to VGA problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by MagL33To, Feb 2, 2007.

1. MagL33To

MagL33To WiiChat Member

Hi all. Ages ago, before I even had my Wii, I bought a VGA cable and a component to VGA converter box to connect my Wii to my PC monitor. Unfortunately I overestimated my ability to get a component cable. I only just got one (official Ninty one) and connected everything up to be greeted with... A black screen and a "Signal out of range" message. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Bear in mind I know how to connect up a Wii and I've put all the cables in the right places.
    The audio works fine, and when pointing the controller at my (blank :cryin: ) screen I can hear the click and feel the little vibration when I pass over a channel.

I know the problem is not the screen, or the VGA cable (I've tested by connecting a laptop to the monitor with it), I doubt the problem is with the component cable (it's official and brand new), which leaves the converter box which is also new (not brand new, as I explained at the beginning, but it's never been used before).

I'm stumped and really annoyed right now. Help please!!

2. astrophysicist

astrophysicist WiiChat Member

I'm pretty sure that you need to go to the Wii settings first and change to 480p instead of 480i. Other than that, I can't really help you (I use an s-video to VGA converter). Good luck!

3. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

i would be more inclined to check the tv settings first.

seems more likely that is the problem as you say the wii is working, but you simplay cant see it...