Hi All - Got New Wii and got USB Charger which is pointless

Leem2209

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2008
Another Planet
Wii Online Code
2847-2431-2093-4575
Hi

Got myself a Wii before Xmas and bought a PEGA USB remote Charger.

But the problem is the Wii will only give power out the USB ports when the Wii is on. If I have the Wii on, I am playing it, so I have the controller in my hand, therefore it won't be charging.

So when I've finished, I will turn off my Wii, put the remote in the charging dock so it is fully charged next time I want to play. But because the Wii is off, there is no power to the charging dock, therefor my remote is still not charging?

There are so many USB charging docks for the Wii, but what is the point when you will have to buy a separate power supply to use them?

I should have got some rechargeable batteries, but I was swayed by the dock as it looked good and matched the wii.

I am happy with the Wii tho! What a great way to enjoy playing games!

PS Just got my Wii online - didn't realise it had a built in wifi, thought you needed to buy USB wifi dongle. Made up :cool: but I got no Mii freinds :cryin:

Oh my boiler just broke so I'm cold. Better keep warm playin Tennis!

Since I got my Wii online and have it on Connect 24, the Wii now only goes into standby mode when you press the power button and this keeps power out from the USB ports allowing me to use the USB charger!

Thanks for replies! Hope to see Mii online!

Back