hi, thief/hitman type games?

terrahawk2

WiiChat Member
Jul 12, 2007
Hi, I am new to the forum and looking to get my first game console in awhile. I have an N64 but been playing games like Doom, StarCraft, Quake, Thief, Hitman, etc on my aging Pentium 1.6 GHz PC until now. It is time to buy a Game Console rather than buy a new "gaming" computer.

Been reading lots about the XBOX. Had no idea of the problems (3 ring thing) and that has me scared off. I hear that they may go to a new less heating producing processor in the fall so if I was going to get an XBOX 360 I would wait a few more months (my PC can tide me over:)

PlayStation 3 is too expensive (even with the price drop) and I don't care about having a BluRay drive for now.

Seriously considering just getting a PlayStation 2 but it won't get many new games now will it? Or maybe it will since its got a huge user base. The Wii (if I can find one) looks like fun and my 3 year old should enjoy it too.

I really like games like Thief, Hitman and StarCraft. Let me know if you have recommendations for the Wii for these (I think GameCube games will work as well right?). Or steer me clear if you think I would like one of the other consoles better based on the games I like

Thank-you!
Peter

Last edited:
Back