homebrew channel What is it?

Bigjake52

Wii fan Boy till the end
Jul 26, 2007
MarsBars
Wii Online Code
3449-8056-9185-4637
Hey guys,

I got my wii back not that long ago and it had this homebrew channel thing on it, Nothing shows up when i open it tho, like it opens and there is a blue background but nothing happens,

also I've noticed there are games on my wii like mario party2, Its not out on the wii yet is it guys?

Can i get this stuff off? I never did anything to my wii, I just pluged it in and turned it on,
I've tried formatting my wii but it asks for a password

also my wii never shows the warning thing at the start,

Hey guys,

I got my wii back not that long ago and it had this homebrew channel thing on it, Nothing shows up when i open it tho, like it opens and there is a blue background but nothing happens,

also I've noticed there are games on my wii like mario party2, Its not out on the wii yet is it guys?

Can i get this stuff off? I never did anything to my wii, I just pluged it in and turned it on,
I've tried formatting my wii but it asks for a password

also my wii never shows the warning thing at the start,

NO, if i were u i wouldn't delete the HBC, it enables you to transform the Wii into a DVD player, you can play any emulator game (no more buying VC games with wii points) goto http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page or http://hackmii.com/

as for the Mario Party 2, i don't know whats thats about.

is it legal?

Yea, I noticed on my sd card there is a /wad folder, and looked on the net and found some porgram for this homebrew channel called wadmanager, it lets you install thing on the wii,

but could this be safe?

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with having the homebrew channel installed in your wii. It depends what you use it for.

[video=youtube;Tm6ItyHHUXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm6ItyHHUXM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm6ItyHHUXM[/video]

^That's my wii menu right there.

With the hbc you can edit your wii menu, get certain channels, and stuff. Yes, you can install vc wads, with the wadmanager, but be aware, that that's piracy (unless you DO OWN the game, and just want a back-up). other than that, just have fun with it. The HBC makes the wii good.

Last edited:
Uh question so the homebrew channel is allowed but it all depends on what you use it for? For example if you used homebrew to like hack a game for an unfair advantage that would be a problem but if you used it to change the wii menu texture or play old console games on it that would be good right?

Uh question so the homebrew channel is allowed but it all depends on what you use it for? For example if you used homebrew to like hack a game for an unfair advantage that would be a problem but if you used it to change the wii menu texture or play old console games on it that would be good right?

Yeah, like for Mario kart wii, people used to use the Ocarina app, to mess with the game, and do glitches in game, and stuff. (I believe Nintendo gives a temporary ban if you get caught).

There's nothing wrong with applying textures and stuff to games, but about the virtual console, like I said, you have to own an original copy of the game, because if you don't, you're just downloading a game for free (which cost money on the wii shop channel), leading to piracy.

Also, you kind of need to be a little bit knowledgeable, when applying certain apps, because if something goes wrong, you can brick your wii.

Last edited:
Ok cool, how would I make my wii with the black background? Thats cool,

I'm not going to lie, I have hacked my wii, and what not, Just on some forums they do not tolerate that kind of behavior, so i was seeing if you guys here did.
I've been on the seen for a while, I even got something called gamecube backuplauncher, and I've made my Game cube games in to normal disks, I am hate sticking in small disks in to the drive.

so I hope you people do not flame me, I just was seeing the tolarenc level, I was on Xbox360Achevemts and told them i hacked my wii and I got a perment IP ban, I'm also not looking for help here,

I'm very sorry I have decevd you guys by the way,

I would like to help you, but I do believe it's against the forum rules (Not just this one), to post download links, and stuff, for hacking and what not.

All I can tell you, is look up for tutorials, they're everywhere.

ok i understand, I'll look, but this site should have a board for hacking

at one point i think i say a homebrew link on this from below the "wii chat" link. i could've been mistaken, yeah it only depends what someone uses homebrew for, it enhances the wii sort of cant nintendo figure that out.

^Yeah, it actually makes it good.

Nintendo just doesn't accept it because, one can just download games ISO for free, and run them.

That's why Nintendo released the 4.2 update, to take off the HBC.

I Knew Nintendo took the HBC off, as-well as custom "ios's" I changed my internet settings while on 4.2 and It went to update and I had to restore my setting of my wii from a nada. thing, so yea,

That was a great waist of my 5 hours,

Back