Hookup Help!!!!!!!

No problem, lucky for you I've been looking into HDTVs for the past few months, and bargain hunting so let me look around on a few sites and see if I can find anything better. What sizes were you thinking?

Looking at it again I may not be able to find with a higher contrast ratio, but I'll look nonetheless.

What were you planning on using it for, just TV usage or some gaming?

Well for the money I don't think you're going to be able to get much better than that, I found a couple off brands with higher contrast ratios, but 700:1 is good enough on that size screen if you were in the 30"+ range I'd say definitely no lower than 1000:1 which is what the Vizios run at when you get into that range. I personally have found Olevia to have very decent quality tvs for around the same prices as Vizio. I was trying to find this:
http://www.olevia.com/products/specs.aspx?pid=226t
On one of the retail sites, but no such luck yet. Alright the Vizio should be fine and definitely at that price but if you want to check out that Olevia, they have it listed on Target's website for $499.99.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help! I looked at the TV you listed, and that is 1600:1 ratio, which is amazing isn't? Is a 26" an okay size for gaming purposes only? Also, this may be a real dumb question, but setting this tv on a stand that's about 36" tall would be kind of strange being you stand to play Wii games, well the Wii games we want to play any ways. Should I hang this on the wall? My next and last question though is this, do they make component cables longer then 10' so I can hide them if I do hang this on the wall? Thanks again everyone!!!!!

Last edited:
I think a 26" is big enough but if you can, bigger is better, makes things easier to see. I personally haven't seen component cables that long for the Wii. Well wall-mounting is up to you, because your cables are going to hang down the wall. You may need to buy a tv stand for it that has a cabinet so you can hide all the wires and the console if you so desire.

Back