how can i connect a wii to the internet

yeah thats BS becouse our dollar is nearly equal to yours... i started a thread our games are 100 dollars each yours are only 50? that really annoys me

1010lol101 said:
what do i ned to get the internet and conect it to the wiii

Do you have Broadband?? As far as i know you need that, as is with most things nowadays. Just buy a wireless router, hook the internet into it from the modem and just pick up the signal on your Wii. If you dont buy a wireless card for your computer and its hooked up to the internet via ethernet cable, buy another one, cuz you'll need One running from the modem to ur router and one running from the router to the computer.

nxcmp said:
For "Dorkfish", again this will also work if you have the router but if you, say live on a college campus, this would not be as easy. Please provide more information if you could. (unless one the above suggestions work for you)

Well, i was assuming this guy wasnt in college, and i wouldnt know anything about Internet access on college campus', cuz im only fifteen and havnt looked into any of that. Still gots 2 years...

Last edited:
Dorkfish said:
Do you have Broadband?? As far as i know you need that, as is with most things nowadays. Just buy a wireless router, hook the internet into it from the modem and just pick up the signal on your Wii. If you dont buy a wireless card for your computer and its hooked up to the internet via ethernet cable, buy another one, cuz you'll need One running from the modem to ur router and one running from the router to the computer.

Routers almost always come with an ethernet cable, so an additional one is not needed.

nxcmp said:
It depends what will work best for your situation, As "BIGWAVE" stated, that would be best :yesnod: , however you can attach and Ethernet cable to the console (wired) and I find the speed quite (perceivable) faster. (IMO because I stream a lot of music and videos to my Wii) So again it depends on whats most convenient for you. :thumbsup:

am i missing something here? I looked on the Wii, and i didnt see any place for an ethernet cord to connect to.

nxcmp said:
For "Dorkfish", again this will also work if you have the router but if you, say live on a college campus, this would not be as easy. Please provide more information if you could. (unless one the above suggestions work for you)
I do live on a college campus. and would like the wireless to work out, but im kinda stuck... but I dont want to hujack this thread.
could you please help me out here?

you buy a lan adapter and it connects to one of the usb ports in the back which the other end has a ethernet port which connects to modem. does that help?

Zenjamin said:
am i missing something here? I looked on the Wii, and i didnt see any place for an ethernet cord to connect to.

I do live on a college campus. and would like the wireless to work out, but im kinda stuck... but I dont want to hujack this thread.
could you please help me out here?

use something like this USB LAN Adapter this works with no strings attached, you plug it into an available USB port on your Wii, wait a second till the power light lights up, then plug in a live Ethernet cable to the adapter, then LAN lights up and thats it, you are done. Only thing left is to go into the Wii's settings and say you want the wired connection option and input the network information.

Most was to fix the wireless issues for college campuses is to get with the local college tech department they will be able to help you.

Back