How do I find my WEP code?

TRI-FORCE

WONGA
Jan 17, 2007
South Wales
Wii Online Code
1539-2731-0790-6220
Ive got a wireless router and have had my Wii up and running but today its having none of it.When I try to set it up manually on the wii its asking for my wep keycode.I know its a security thing for the router but how do I find it on my pc?

I just reset my router and tried to get on the internet,it can see the SSID but is asking me for WEP code????

I cant find it!!!!

if you reset your router, you have no WEP code. most routers when reset remove all settings.

What router do you have? Would be helpfull to know.

Go into your router's settings, look for your WIRELESS settings, and you'll find it. you should see the SSID (name of wireless network) you'll have 4 keys, them are the WEP keys you need/look for. you choose the one that the ROUTER says its useing.....

i had a linksys router and i had to install a software disk that had all that information on it to set up a WEP lock.

thats how i did it. i basically hardwired my router to my laptop and my router had that one touch security button on the front of the "screen" (all those green lights) and after it "promted you" to push it, it asked for you to set up a WEP lock mine is 24 characters.

thats how i did it and VOLA i was locked and loaded

It should tell you your key code sometime when setting up your router. its the code with all the numbers and letters like this -> 3898dsa9d8a98892898sasa

Back