Wii...WEP issue!!!

crippsjr

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2008
I get my Wii to find my wireless access point...however when it finds it it asks for the WEP security code. I put the code in but I get error message #52030. Any help appreciated

2 things

1 u could need your router reset and the wep removed or

2 you could have to menny things attached to your internet i cant my ds's onto my internet cus i have my pc 2 wii's and my other pc on the wifi and 90% of routers only allow 4

Quite simply, it's either one of the following:

1) The WEP key isn't what you think it is
2) You have MAC address filtering enabled as well and need to add the Wii's MAC address to your router's "allowed" list.

kronau said:
90% of routers only allow 4
This is not true. Every personal router/AP I've seen has a DHCP server that can hand out the full Class C range of 254 addresses. And considering my job for the last 15+ years has been as a computer tech, I've seen a lot of routers.

Sometimes out-of-the-box they might be configured to only use DHCP for a subset of that, but the smallest I've ever seen is 100 (and it can always been widened up to the max of 254... well 253 if you count the IP of the router itself).

Sounds good to me, Most routers come with only 4 physical ethernet sockets but as you say they can handle 254 addresses. Mine currently has 1 PC and 2 Xbox360 live accounts conected directly via wiered network and a WiFi range extender in the living room which can have a Laptop, Wii and Soundbrige all working happily together.

Back