how many reps does it take to get a green block?

Hey, you start off when you join with a green block and 10 points, for your second block you need 25 points all together, every 25 points you gain earns you another green block.
lee.j

thanks lee. there's some rep for you. does each rep count as one point? and is there a limit per day or per thread or per person?

If you get repped by someone with a lot of rep you get more than 1 point and if you get repped by someone new then you get a grey block worth nothing. The limit I'm not sure about if you rep someone once you can't rep them agian until you 'spread some rep around' and I don't know what that means wether you have to give rep to a certain amount of people before you can rep the same peron again...

allsport21 said:
thanks lee. there's some rep for you. does each rep count as one point? and is there a limit per day or per thread or per person?

no problem pal, The more rep points a member gets, the more he can give one at a time i think.
for example, a member just joins, he can give rep but it wont count, as he hasnt been here long. Because i have been here since december and have a decent amount of rep, when i approve of somones post, it may give the member 2 or more points.
You can only give rep to the same person once (temporarily), so if you rep someone and the next day you want to rep him/her again, the system may ask you to spread the rep around to other members before giving rep to the same member again.
Hope this helps,
lee.j

edit : deity you beat me to it lol

ok... so let's just say i'm going to be rep ho-bag and just for the hell of it, i'm going to rep everyone that drops a post in this thread, could i do that?

btw deity link, you've been rep'd

allsport21 said:
ok... so let's just say i'm going to be rep ho-bag and just for the hell of it, i'm going to rep everyone that drops a post in this thread, could i do that?

btw deity link, you've been rep'd

Yes you could but only once each member until a couple of days.
lee.j

lee.jarratt said:
Yes you could but only once each member until a couple of days.
lee.j
I've never been able to rep anyone I've repped before :wtf:

deity_link said:
I've never been able to rep anyone I've repped before :wtf:

Really? Have you spread it around and tried again? If that fails to work, maybe you should Pm i0n about it because I can rep the same people again
lee.j

Yeah I've repped a lot of people but I just don't seem to be able to do it...do you have an idea of how many you have to rep before you can rep the same person again?

hmm... i suppose that would make it a lot harder to get rep'd if you couldn't get it from the same person twice, ever! especially if someone new decides to rep you, it counts for nothing. then later when that person is say on their 4th green rep block, they still can't rep you because they did it when they first started?

so let me ask you this, since i have only 54 posts and i joined about a month ago, what i'd be doing is pretty worthless, right?

allsport21 said:
hmm... i suppose that would make it a lot harder to get rep'd if you couldn't get it from the same person twice, ever! especially if someone new decides to rep you, it counts for nothing. then later when that person is say on their 4th green rep block, they still can't rep you because they did it when they first started?

so let me ask you this, since i have only 54 posts and i joined about a month ago, what i'd be doing is pretty worthless, right?

Yea, i got a grey block from you :lol:, thanks for trying though pal.
Anyway I have to go now,
lee.j

if anyone else has other info on these mysterious green block of reputation, i'd love to hear it.

Well, I for once would like a green block or two ;) hehe! Find my posts you guys - its very helpfull ;) giggle

Back