How SEGA SHOULD have made Sonic the Hedgehog!

Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
SEGA just ain't been doing as good as i expected since the wii came out, i think Sonic should have been the same style as Mario Galaxy, the 3d run around idea, is a really good one and worked very well with Mario, sonic could have done the same thing with his rings and bosses too, right?

What do you think?

Thx for reading, forgive any ignorance/offense none intended!

Yeah i agree. SEGA should give that a shot and see if it sells, i know i would by it if it was good.

I disagree, Sonic has always emphasized speed. The 3d platforming of galaxy would be out of place. they need to go back to 2D side scrolling.

The 3d world wouldn't hold back sonic. Sega may just need to put a little more emphasis on level design. Both games have the same idea, go from the start of the level to the end, seems pretty linear to me. Nintendo did something amazing when they didn't change the very linear start-finish jump on goomba's experience. I could very much see sonic in a Mario 64 world design, where many of the levels were contrained by high walls.

I could just imagine some of the level designs, fighting bosses inside a sphere. I just don't know how Sega would do the camera in game like that, as been mentioned speed is a big thing with Sonic and a slow arial camera could be annoying.

Still its a shame Sega never tried to take Sonic back to his roots, as Nintendo has proved that a Mario platformer can still sell.

2D SIDESCROLLER WITH AWESOME GRAPHICS! WHY NOT! Sonic DS has been selling well... both of them! WHy not on the wii to... I really want a 2d sidescroller for the wii... Mario or Sonic

They did attempt something vaguely like Galaxy, called Sonic X-treme (worst name ever?) for the Saturn. It had some pretty weird level design and an odd fish-eye lens point of view. However, the project fell apart and the game was never completed (although some of the game got recycled into Nights).

Anyway, I agree with most of the posters so far, Sonic should have stuck to 2D. The emphasis on speed doesn't translate well into 3D, and it always ends up with jerky control and gameplay.

Back