How to calibrate the Wii remote?

There is no need to calibrate the remote.

What do you mean, putting automatically the binoculars?

Remember - everything's relative about the Wiimote - it's like a mouse. You don't need to calibrate a mouse for it to work.

oh, thanks, it isn't a bug or anything, just unnexperience with wii, cuz this is my second day with "him" (now he is a member of my family)

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to, especially in a game like Call of Duty 3 (it took the longest for me to get the hang of it compared to my other few games by far). Just make sure you always hold the Wiimote upright (parallel to the ground, or higher) and at least waist-height. That seems to work for me. A few times I'd let my hand rest by my side, and realize I was staring at the ground and spinning around in circles. The remote's too accurate. :)

I don't know if it will help you, but for up-close killings, I found it easier to move the Wiimote higher up and closer to the TV (kind of..it's hard to explain) - it seemed more natural and just felt cooler.

But try different things. You can die as many times as you need, so get used to it. That way when we get our online FPSs, you'll be all ready. :p

You mean the little thing at the beginning with the squares and light-dark colors? Yeah, I think that's great, but isn't that more for "calibrating" your TV than the Wiimote? I'm uber-ignorant about it.

Yeah at the beginning of LoZ that calibration is for your TV, nothing to do with the remote, and the calibration of the Wiimote, well go into the Wii system settings and to the second page where it says sensor bar, the only real calibration is in the sensitivity settings though you can state whether your sensro bar is above or below the tv. [That and I don't know what the whole "Only two flashing dots" are, there's only ever two dots on any of the 5 settings??]

The two dots are a picture of the sensor bar, because it gives off infrared to the black plastic part in the front of the Wiimote, which happens to be a camera.

tonyr1988 said:
You mean the little thing at the beginning with the squares and light-dark colors? Yeah, I think that's great, but isn't that more for "calibrating" your TV than the Wiimote? I'm uber-ignorant about it.

Oh, no, when you go into the options there is a grea thing where you can change how high the pointer goes compared to where you're pointing it (so that the pointing feels right, usually if there is a large space between the top of your TV and the screen). Also there is one that tells the program exactly where the sensor bar is and hhow wide it is, also so the pointing is just right.

I have quite a bit of trouble pointing in the Wii menus, but I just thought that was because of how far away I am from the screen, but when I did the thing in Zelda, the pointing worked well from my couch that's maybe 3 meters away from the TV.

Wow, I didn't know about that feature in Zelda. When you change the stuff in Zelda, does it affect it in the main menu, or just in Zelda?

It affects just Zelda, and you have to press 2 again to turn off toogle binoculars
in CoD

Back