How to get CROWN

singitloud

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
Okay, before you jump all over me for asking such a stupid question, know this... I am 38 years old and have never really gotten into games like this. I usually bore of them within a week or so and I rarely figure out all the little idiosyncrasies (son said to use "details" instead) of the games...

Having said that...

I am REALLY enjoying this game.

I have noticed in the TERACE level that even though I have seemingly gotten all the power stars from a particular galaxy, say the bee one or the first one (I don't remember the name) I still do not have a CROWN (which I read indicates I have gotten all the power stars).

Is this a case of me having to play the levels over and over again (tiring of this quickly) in order to try and find the all-elusive power star I missed somewhere (obviously not the one at the end :wink: )?

Also, I read somewhere that I should be feeding LUMAS.. are we talking a lot of star bits or after a few you will know if they are going to give you anything...

One more thing - it is really frustrating to me that when returning to the game, whether I saved with 45 lives or 1 I always begin with 4. I know it's just part of the game, but still... I worked to earn the lives and I wish they would let me keep them.

That's all for now. I look forward to your responses.

I am about to read this to my 14-year old son who will undoubtedly be embarressed at my ignorance :lol:

Dwaine

I wish I knew too.....I've asked myself the same question to myself and yet to find the answer.......hopefully the pros can help us out.

Each galaxy has 6 stars. 3 regular, 1 mystery star, and 2 commet stars.
some galaxies only have 1 star lol. anyways the commet stars are like speed runs and stuff but rarely time andpurple coin commets only come after you get 61 stars and for the mystery stars youll basically see a ? sighn on one of the stars and you have to go there and find the star which is usually found by finding a hidden star shoot or somthing lol ya. when you feed lumas they transform into a planet, new galaxy, or star shoot and the lives thing is just retarted lol:yesnod: lol i guess im a pro lolol ive already gotten 120 with mario and like 40 with luigi

singitloud said:
One more thing - it is really frustrating to me that when returning to the game, whether I saved with 45 lives or 1 I always begin with 4. I know it's just part of the game, but still... I worked to earn the lives and I wish they would let me keep them.

Dwaine

+1, what the hey happend to my umpteen lives from the last time??? :)

For the first terrace I only have 2 crowns...no idea what that means either.
I just opened the 2nd terrace...slow going when I only have 15-30 min to play each day, sigh :(.

cowzuvdoom said:
Each galaxy has 6 stars. 3 regular, 1 mystery star, and 2 commet stars.
some galaxies only have 1 star lol. anyways the commet stars are like speed runs and stuff but rarely time andpurple coin commets only come after you get 61 stars and for the mystery stars youll basically see a ? sighn on one of the stars and you have to go there and find the star which is usually found by finding a hidden star shoot or somthing lol ya. when you feed lumas they transform into a planet, new galaxy, or star shoot and the lives thing is just retarted lol:yesnod: lol i guess im a pro lolol ive already gotten 120 with mario and like 40 with luigi
What about the sand dune level...it has 7 stars...

You get a crown for a certain galaxy when you finish said galaxy. So if there is one galaxy with 3 reg. stars, 2 comet stars, and 2 hidden stars, you need to collect all 7 before you get the crown.

That answer you question? :D

and there are many galaxies you wont be able to fully complete until you beat bowser, unlocking the purple comet, which will then open up a new star on several of the galaxies.

i've gotten all 120 w/ mario and all 121 w/ luigi. it's no picnic sometimes.

:) :) :) :) :)
Sterculius said:
i've gotten all 120 w/ mario and all 121 w/ luigi. it's no picnic sometimes.
you can get 121 stars with mario the same last star.:)

Last edited:
cowzuvdoom said:
:) :) :) :) :)
you can get 121 stars with mario the same last star.:)

damn, and i thought i was done:lol: . now i have to go back and get it for the sake of completion. OCD situation.

Back