how to start up an brand new wii

wombi

WiiChat Member
Jul 22, 2007
Hi,

yesterday i bought a Wii and wanted to start it up today.
I connected everything according to the booklet and got a screen that told me to press the 'A' on the remote.
if i try it goes absolutely nothing. i have the feelng the remote does not work.
And yes I have put batteries in the remote and connected the arial cable.
i have bought a second remote that i tried to synchronise with pressing the red buttons. somehow that doesn't work neither.

Any troubleshooting hints appreciated.

cheers

wombi

After you turn the Wii on and it says "press A," press the sync button under the Wii-mote. All four lights should flash. Afterwhich, press sync on the Wii (SD card slot). Now press the 1,2 buttons simultaneously. This should work. This worked for me. Just keep at it and you'll get it.

Me either on the initial startup (Nov. 19). It recently just "forgot" the remotes. Those were the steps used to resync them. In fact, controller 1 should be synced already.

Try unpugging the console, wait thirty seconds and then plug it back in. You can also try doing this with the batteries by taking them out for a brief period. This sometimes happens, but with yours being new this is a bit different. Give it a try if you still have yet to get it working. Remotes that come with the console are supposed to be factory synced.

Last edited:
If all else fails then call nintendo. Something like this happened to me and i called the 2nd day and they asked me to send it back in

Back