(HVS related) Not holding my breath

First off lets talk 1st party titles. Why is it Nintendo has suddenly seen it fit to announce a title only less than 6 months from release then release with it barely any advertising.

Now on developer side of things. I thought with as much work HVS did with Nintendo for the Conduit they would of been a 2nd party developer already. I mean Nintendo bought into Monolith for what? 1 Wii game which hasnt even been given a chance in the states. So all that money for what ,and has Monolith done on Wii since then? NOTHING.

The lack of advertising for Wii games (both 1st and 3rd party) is quite perplexing. It does seem that they only advertise the top tier Nintendo titles such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and Wii Fit. In fact they are the only Wii games I've ever seen TV spots for. I know that a large chunk of a AAA games budget goes on advertising, so maybe they don't think that lesser titles are worth promoting but if they don't then it's not suprising that they don't sell as well. I don't think that it is a coincidence that those top selling Wii titles are the only ones that have had concentrated adverts.

I'm not sure if Nintendo's strategy for announcing games has changed or not as I don't really remember how much in advance they used to announce them before the Wii.

As for Nintendo signing up HVS, well they actually are still relatively unproven at the moment. They've only released some average WiiWare titles and a few kids games, nothing of any real quality.

It is hard to judge them on their back catalogue either as most of their titles were licensed games that had set release dates regardless of whether the game was finished or not. HVS went as far as stating that as a reason for them going it alone with The Conduit. Perhaps if The Conduit is as good as it is hyped up to be and gets decent sales then Nintendo will consider signing them.

As for Nintendo signing up HVS, well they actually are still relatively unproven at the moment. They've only released some average WiiWare titles and a few kids games, nothing of any real quality.

Yeah I think this is the key. Even though we are very hyped over High Voltage Software, as far as titles they have released, they haven't had too good of a track record. So I guess they may have a shot at a second party deal after they release this trio of games. But it may be too late, SEGA may pick them up as an in-house studio if The Conduit does well enough.

Yeah I think this is the key. Even though we are very hyped over High Voltage Software, as far as titles they have released, they haven't had too good of a track record. So I guess they may have a shot at a second party deal after they release this trio of games. But it may be too late, SEGA may pick them up as an in-house studio if The Conduit does well enough.

Please let Sega pick them up. They need something besides Sonic Team, one of the worst video game developers out there. And we will see how The Conduit it is. I hope its good, but I have an uneasy feeling.

Please let Sega pick them up. They need something besides Sonic Team, one of the worst video game developers out there. And we will see how The Conduit it is. I hope its good, but I have an uneasy feeling.

Hold on now!!! Sonic Team is still AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! (I'm joking of course). Sonic Team has lost all of their talented developers and are left with a team only good enough to make quick Sonic titles. So yeah, picking up High Voltage would be an awesome acquisition for SEGA.

I think as the release date gets closer and closer gamers are feeling more and more aprehensive about the quality of The Conduit. There is still a possibility that this game could completely suck. But hopefully that won't happen.

I feel you Dzapper, but I have faith in The Conduit. It will truly be something that the Wii doesn't have yet, so that's why I'm picking it up. I even reserved it yesterday to get the special edition.

Back