I have a very good idea... what do you think?

Arcadium

Not Banned
Jun 19, 2006
Colombia
Wii Online Code
6980-3796-3948-8393
I live in a country were video games are really expensive, and the new ones are really hard to get (as the Wii)

Well, some of you may know the Wii costs in my country $500 dollars, well, every bad thing has a good thing, that's why I will do this:

Buy my Wii in Canada, then when I get it here, save for another one, then buy it in North America for $250 dollars and sell it here for $500 dollars!

Then when I have the $500 dollars I'll buy 2, and then get $1000 dollars! with a $500 dollars profit

Ill continue doing this so I can get a lot of money

And also I wanna do something else:

In my local video game store, I saw yesterday REAL dreamcasts, well, they were all NEW!, so, do you think if I buy some new Dreamcast with new controllers and new games, and I sell 'em to north american people I can get good money?

Do you think North American people will pay a lot to have a new dreamcast? Just wondering that

PLEASE YOUR OPINION!

Although in theory it does seem like a good idea, im not sure if you'll be any better of after the handling/shipping costs and ofcourse the import tax you'll have to pay.

Im not saying for sure, but that's what i'd be looking into first :)

Sounds cunning, Arcadium. Have you ever sold anything on eBay, though? If you need any help, just ask. Also, I'm guessing there are some in North America dieing to get their hands on a nice, new Dreamcast. Just look on eBay's "Want It Now" to see if anyone is looking for one. Good luck:D

Well, with the Wii, I dont have any problem to import, and I dont have to pay any tax... BUT with the dreamcast, im not really sure, maybe Ill ask you NAteTheGreat for your help

Sounds good, Arcadium. I'm gonna get to my homework right now, so I can have the rest of Sunday off, but you can ask me some questions here, in a pm, or on skype and I'll get to them later.:)

Actualy Ion is kind of right but what u also forget is that your money is worth LESS in North America then it is where u live thats why the wii is so 'expensive' there! so Canada's money is worth double what your money is in other words...
So you will have to pay the same amount of money + some extra for importing and the rest... and selling it to some random guy = Chances he won't give you the money. Sorry im not familiar with Ebay so if thats wrong then meh. Lol

The wii is so expensive because the unofficial Nintendo Colombia sells it at 500 dollars just because they want to

I dont have to pay more than 20 dollars per console to import

The only reason I would advise against that is because in order to make a huge profit you have to gamble any previous earnings. If you're not careful you could loose everything and wind up with 5-or-so unwanted Wiis on your hands.

Yeah , and Im not sure anybody would like an outdated console :(

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Yeah , and Im not sure anybody would like an outdated console :(

Joe said:
No not many people here in North America even like that!

Are you kidding? There are a lot of vintage console collectors and I'm sure if Arcadium kept just one Dreamcast and then sold it in like 10 years, he'd make some money. Dreamcast was more of a cult classic; for those who bought it, they said it was really enjoyable and it had a lot of really strange/innovative/genius games. It was really just ahead of its time.

Yes, but I will just save in the next year $250 Dollars, then Ill buy another wii and sell it at the Double price

I know its going to be sold

There is a guy in Mercadolibre (like ebay), whos selling a wii for $1500 USD Dollars, he had 4 offers in less than 1 week.

Oh and also I can get money selling games, because here, there will be available only excite truck and Zelda: TP, so I can get money like that too

Arcadium said:
Yes, but I will just save in the next year $250 Dollars, then Ill buy another wii and sell it at the Double price

I know its going to be sold

There is a guy in Mercadolibre (like ebay), whos selling a wii for $1500 USD Dollars, he had 4 offers in less than 1 week.

Oh and also I can get money selling games, because here, there will be available only excite truck and Zelda: TP, so I can get money like that too

Oh my god, you can sell all the games that aren't being sold there for ALOT!

Back