I have to re-setup my connection everytime?

Backfall

The Most Qualified
Dec 22, 2007
Inside a potato's couch
Wii Online Code
5231-2094-1307-8948
I hate this! The internet works fine, I'm using a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector. But after a while (or when I switch off the console), the connection simply dissapears, i.e., it fails everytime. Then I have to uninstall and reinstall the USB Connector software, and re-connect the Wii to the USB Connector. Then and only then, it works fine. Otherwise it keeps giving random error codes (well not exactly random, its been different 4-5 times).

The official Nintendo support site doesn't help with this at all! So...yeah this is my problem. I don't wanna deal with this problem when SSBB comes out, so anyone have any tips or fixes?

i have the same problem

iam on pokemon battle rev in wifi but i have wireless and every time i go in to wifi it keeps disconnecting me and iam getting very angry ive cheaked my laptop works well and ive cheaked my wii fine its only when iam trying to go on wifi iam on linkys conection

dawn said:
iam on pokemon battle rev in wifi but i have wireless and every time i go in to wifi it keeps disconnecting me and iam getting very angry ive cheaked my laptop works well and ive cheaked my wii fine its only when iam trying to go on wifi iam on linkys conection

Well awesome I'm glad I'm not the only one sharing this anger and madness!

But do you know what to do?
Does ANYONE know what to do?

Backfall said:
Well awesome I'm glad I'm not the only one sharing this anger and madness!

But do you know what to do?
Does ANYONE know what to do?

I imagine your USB adapter is fairly specific. Does it still work if you don't turn your Wii off ?

Last edited:
nxcmp said:
I imagine your USB adapter is fairly specific. Does it still work if you don't turn your Wii off ?

Yep, I've used it with the DS for about two months successfully...then I lost interest in Mario Kart and Pokemon. The connector works fine once, but then loses the connection, which means I restart everything (even reinstall the software) all over again! Thats the only problem, which I' hoping to find a solution to.

Backfall said:
Yep, I've used it with the DS for about two months successfully...then I lost interest in Mario Kart and Pokemon. The connector works fine once, but then loses the connection, which means I restart everything (even reinstall the software) all over again! Thats the only problem, which I' hoping to find a solution to.

What are you connecting to (device, pc, router, etc..) with this adapter on the Wii ? Does you connection get lost even wile, say, surfing the web ?

well i can use the internet on wii just fine its when iam battling on battle rev but i get it better ok

hi

hi there its fine my wireless i had a wifi battle so i got it working its just i had to change the conection lol

all right, now im havin the same problem. whenever i turn off the wii and turn it back on, and tryto get on internet, i need to make a new connection. wtf? i have connect24 turned on, but it doesn't seem to do anything

EDIT: and also, i never really get a good connection, its always red or orange. is there any way to fix that?

Last edited:
travZEman said:
all right, now im havin the same problem. whenever i turn off the wii and turn it back on, and tryto get on internet, i need to make a new connection. wtf? i have connect24 turned on, but it doesn't seem to do anything

EDIT: and also, i never really get a good connection, its always red or orange. is there any way to fix that?

So you having the same problem, your using the Nintendo WiFi USB adapter in your PC and connecting to that via the Wii Console correct? If so, no you can't really improve the signal strength with the limited functionality of the software the USB Adapter uses. The only thing you can do is try and put some distance between it and devices that would be admitting the frequency. That USB isn't bad but there are better. As for the always having to re-setup the connection I would recommend

SCREENSHOTS for the Steps below can be located here

Connecting Wii Online Using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

1. On the Wii console's main menu, click on the 'Wii button' in the lower left corner.

2. This will take you to the settings screen. On this screen, click on 'Wii Settings'.

3. Enter the Wii System Settings menu and click on 'Internet' on screen 2.

4. Click on an empty connection slot, signified by 'none'.

5. Choose 'Wireless Connection'.

6. Select 'Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector'.

7. Press Next on the Wii console to continue.

8. Go back to your PC. In the Windows XP* registration tool, the Nintendo Wii's nickname will appear. Note: You must do this immediately after performing step 7.

There will be a small, yellow "?" next to it.

9. Click on the Nintendo Wii's nickname and select 'Grant permission to connect.'

10. A blue, standing man icon will appear next to the Wii's nickname. The Wii console will now have permission to connect to the USB connector.

11. After you have established a connection with your PC, you'll see a Next option appear in the Wii console's Internet Setup. Select Next

12. Select OK to test the connection.

Back