I just got Guitar Hero!

Yep, It will increase your points slightly on long notes, but the real reason to use the whammy is when you have a long note for a star power, whammy as fast as you can to get up to twice the amount of star power or more. The more full "cycles" you get while whammying the more star power you get. so do it fast.

Have fun, it's really addicting!

I know, it really is! Now, I've got another question. I make a few thousand bucks each gig, but by the time everything gets deducted (cars burned , et cetera) I an only left with 75 bucks. How can I control those deductibles?

actually it is not true that it gives you more points. the whammy bar is mainly used to get you extra star power on long star power notes. and also, you don't have to whammy as fast as you can because it's not going to give you extra star power... just so long as the note glows blue then you're getting extra star power. there is no variation on how much extra you get, as long as the note is glowing blue.

The deductibles are there to give you a good laugh. I thought I was getting jipped when I first played it, also.

he's right...i thought that if i whammy'd incredbly fast, it would get more star power, i found out that wasn't true, but it did help with the lou battle.

using the whammy bar on sustains does NOT give you extra points. however, using it on star power sustains DOES give you extra star power. use the whammy bar for getting more star power and for battle mode of course.

OK JUST A PROVEN* FACT HERE:

WHAMMYING DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR SCORE

it does absolutely nothing for your score, but if its on a star power note, you can whammy for extra star power.

*I have tested. i use songs with long notes at the beginning (such as when you were young)

steps to back up my theorem

1. start up when you were young
2. play the first long note only first time w/o whammy
3. take note of score
4. replay
5. whammy the whole note this time and look at score
6. note that they are exactly the same
7. kick yourself for thinking that you got better scores for whammying on non star power notes

It is amazing how so many people can post the exact same reply, and yet still think that their input is completely and entierly novel.

ShadowFox said:
It is amazing how so many people can post the exact same reply, and yet still think that their input is completely and entierly novel.
LOL, I was thinking the EXACT same thing, lol, I'm going to rep you for that statement, but yeah Whammy is for Chords, personally I just like how it adds to the realism to how the song plays, which is what the game is about, I was such a noob at first with whammy, I thought you had to spin the whammy bar, so there I am playing one of the longest chords spinning around the whammy with nothing happening, I thought it was broken, LOL.

Sweet, I'm never whammying again unless it's a star power. Nice to know, it's all a head game. Still a nice touch, and it helps when you are in a battle to be able to whammy quick.

shrek4wii, the amount you make is determined by your difficulty and how many stars you get on that song. Say you are on hard and 3 stars is $400 and 4 stars is $1000 and 5 stars is $1500 (not what is really is) if you get 4 stars when you beat it on your career, you get $1000, if you go back later and beat it on 5 stars in your career you get $500 more. So to get max money beat every song on 5 stars on all difficulties in solo career and co-op career.

Back