I need help

big buckle

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2009
Florida
Can someone please help me. I just got a Wii and the only game we have is the Sports game it comes with. I am getting crushed in Tennis and Boxing by my Wife.....

Can anyone tell me how to serve better, punch better, etc. I am dying over here!

Big Buckle

For boxing, you need to dodge. By moving your upper body side by side. When your wife attacks you, and if you dodge, you have a moment to strike back, It shows a sign, when everything slows down. You only have 1 second to do this.

For tennis, you need someone else for that, because I am a expert for Wii Boxing.

Well unfortunately wii boxing has crap hit detection. But in boxing play defensively until you see even the slightest weak spot and jump at the chance. while you hit that weak spot, in the process find another one and hit her where she is not expecting it, then take a final hit in a place she is expecting it, but after she throws a few punches take a vital pwn shot and she will be down

Thanks fellas

Good stuff, ho wdo I throw the different punches?

Who know's about tennis?

Good stuff, ho wdo I throw the different punches?

Who know's about tennis?
Throwing different punches:
You must hold down certain buttons on the Wii mote when throwing a punch.

Tennis:
Just keep your eye on the ball the entire time and you should be fine
Also take note:
DO NOT be afraid to use your front mii player. Most people just wait for the ball to get to the back player. Using your front player is a great offense tactic.

I don't believe you hold down buttons for different punches, but... maybe old versions of Wii Sports are different, I don't know...

Well, anyways, in Boxing, it's obvious how to jab. An uppercut is taking either hand and pulling upwards quickly, sort of like a quick rep with weights. A hook is a sort of diagonal punch staying low, and curving away from your body, and then back towards you once you start to stretch your arm out more. Pretty simple.

As Arceus mentioned, try to play defensive. Also, one key thing to master is jab combo's. If you jab with one hand and then the next with perfect timing, you'll have endless repetition and they can only block. The timing is hard to master, but if you can learn the left-right-left-right etc. jab strategy, if they give a single opening, they're pretty much going down.

As for tennis, there's a super-fast surve that's hard to get, but even if they hit the serve back, you're usually at the advantage. You can pull off this "Rocket Serve" by throwing the ball up, and when it reaches the very peak of the toss, hit the ball immediatly. Again, the timing is hard to master, but if you learn to Rocket Serve almost every shot, you'll have a huge advantage.

Another trick is mastering the angle of your shots. When swinging, it's all about timing. When a shot is coming to you, the sooner you swing, the more it'l go to the opposite direction. For example, if a ball comes to you from the right, and you swing early, it'l hook quite a bit to the left. Vice versa is true; if you wait until the ball is nearly at your side and swing, you might even be able to send it back in the same direction. Mastering this is key to scoring; if you make the opponent's mii's go back and forth across the court too much by repeatedly swinging wide shots (both very early and very late), they'l eventually be unable to keep up and miss the shot no matter what.

It's sort of like ping-ponging the other player around until they get tired, really. If you figure this technique out, you should be scoring a lot more frequently. Also, if you really want to play like a pro, combine this with the rocket serve, and you might get a score on your second swing. It's risky since you might hit outside the court, but if you pull it off, that's an instant point for you.

A long description, I know, but hope this helps.

Can someone please help me. I just got a Wii and the only game we have is the Sports game it comes with. I am getting crushed in Tennis and Boxing by my Wife.....

Can anyone tell me how to serve better, punch better, etc. I am dying over here!

Big Buckle

Ashlee beats me in everything just about these days. You should say something manly to her, like... "Yeah honey, I let you win" or something like that. xD Ah girls... well, in your case.. Women.. :lol: Now that I think about it, i think ashlee beats me in everything.. :( damn, i suck :mad2:

Big Buckle

Haha. I find it funny that you come to a forum just to beat your wife at a game. In boxing try dodging the shot. To dodge you put the wii motes together and move side to side. If you get a good dodge the screen goes slow..then thats your time to get a well punch in. Also change positions when you fighting. Like if your only hitting the face, goes down to the stomach. You do that by simply bringing the wii motes down to your waste/stomach. Punch from there or block from there. You block by putting the wii moted together. To put in a well put in punch that takes like about 3 of those triangles. You have to hit from the outside. By spreading your wiimotes a bit.Then curve and hit.

In tennis im no good. I just hit the ball when it comes to me. Dont really have a stratigea there.:/.

Big Buckle

Haha. I find it funny that you come to a forum just to beat your wife at a game. In boxing try dodging the shot. To dodge you put the wii motes together and move side to side. If you get a good dodge the screen goes slow..then thats your time to get a well punch in. Also change positions when you fighting. Like if your only hitting the face, goes down to the stomach. You do that by simply bringing the wii motes down to your waste/stomach. Punch from there or block from there. You block by putting the wii moted together. To put in a well put in punch that takes like about 3 of those triangles. You have to hit from the outside. By spreading your wiimotes a bit.Then curve and hit.

In tennis im no good. I just hit the ball when it comes to me. Dont really have a stratigea there.:/.

I still think he should do it my way and just act like he wanted her to win :p "Oh BoZ...... You're soooooo thoughtful, and manly... Oh BoZ...." XDDDDD I wish she would tell me that, but all I get is "Damit Allan, you suck! Get the **** out of here! Ughhhh!" :lol:

Big Buckle

I still think he should do it my way and just act like he wanted her to win :p "Oh BoZ...... You're soooooo thoughtful, and manly... Oh BoZ...." XDDDDD I wish she would tell me that, but all I get is "Damit Allan, you suck! Get the **** out of here! Ughhhh!" :lol:

I gave what the man wanted, useful advise. Im a pro on boxing, have around 2400 on it...im past that box thing.

On topic: Also there is a way to jab, you bring your wiimotes down to the stomach, and actually do like an uppercut with nimchuck or wiimote.

I gave what the man wanted, useful advise. Im a pro on boxing, have around 2400 on it...im past that box thing.

On topic: Also there is a way to jab, you bring your wiimotes down to the stomach, and actually do like an uppercut with nimchuck or wiimote.

I now say CK's idea was useful :p which, why disagree? He's freakin' epci! :lol:

I now say CK's idea was useful :p which, why disagree? He's freakin' epci! :lol:

I could give a lot more info if i wanted..just so late..so sleepy..and give all my secrets out. I THINK NOT!..

On topic: In boxing when theres a punch coming your way to the face directly, you move wiichuk down and tilt it to the front. Causing to do the slow motion dodge. In that you can do the uppercut i was talking about. Critical hit, as CK would say it. Pokemon lover...:p.

Critical hit, as CK would say it. Pokemon lover...:p.

DG used Knowledge!
Critical Hit! It's Super Effective!
BoZ fainted!

... I honestly couldn't resist.

I suppose I'm the authority on Tennis, but DG knows his boxing. I never took the time to practice boxing, I've always been about Baseball and Tennis.

DG used Knowledge!
BoZ fainted!

I suppose I'm the authority on Tennis, but DG knows his boxing. I never took the time to practice boxing, I've always been about Baseball and Tennis.

Yes when im tired my brain starts kicking in.O_O. But my eyes start to go shut..-_-..im better in bowling. I usually get a 300 in every game. I have a cool way to throw the bowling ball. Have you ever tried to get a strike on the other lane CK?

DG used Knowledge!
BoZ fainted!

Geez... This is almost as annoying as that game that says not to push the damn red button.. :lol:

Back