I really need help deciding to get a wii

i eat nintendo wiis

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
Hello everyone, I'm going to make this quick. I used to own an XBOX 360, but it broke 3 times on me. That's right...3 times! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without wondering if it would break the next day and I would be out of money! I used to be paranoid...

Now, I want a wii. plain and simple. the games look fun. however, most of the time launch consoles have bugs(ps3s, xbox 360, early ps2s, early psps). Has anyone had ANY problems whatsoever? I don't want to send it back at ALL.

Help me!

...and yes, I did make pamela anderson a tag. i'd hoped it would get attention :D

elmo_999 said:
there arn't bugs or anything
thats not true. NOTHING is EVER bug free. no matter how many bugs are fixed, their will alway be a bug of somesort. if it was made by man, it WILL have bugs. however, the nintendo has only small bugs that i know of. they did a good job of getting rid of the major bugs in the Wii. i say go for it and buy it. if something does go wrong, you got a 1 year warentee and you can get an extra 3 months just by registering it on my.nintendo.com

You should get one. What's not to like? Fun games mixed with old school games and it'll only get better once Smash Online comes out :) From what I understand, there were bugs but nothing too serious and as Mitch posted, the extra 3 months of warranty is nice to have.

Considering the number of consoles sold in the first 2 weeks (600,000 +125,000) 725,000 total, there have been surprisingly few reports of problems.... relatively speaking.

I've onyl had one problem but it was with my Mii (I cant get friends) but thats got nothing to do with the system breaking. I've had no real problmes with the Wii and I hope I never do.

Someone told me in another thread here(http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/6682-nintendo-customer-service.html)that it is only a portion of wiis have problems and that they don't take into consideration the thousands of others that are perfectly fine. However, I don't believe that...when I was deciding to get a 360, people told me the same thing! Check here: xbox 360 freezing - Xbox 360 Forum As I said above, I had to replace it 3 times before I gave up.

Still, what do you think I should do?

Can't go through life being paranoid about whether or not your system will be a bugged one. All you can do is ask yourself if you want one, can you afford, and will you love it. If all of the answers are yes then go for it. If it happens to be bugged, that's how the dice rolled for you.

But in my own personal experience, I got a Wii that is bug free. And I'm lovin' it. :thumbsup:

There were a small percentage of Wiis that got bricked by the first software update. Nintendo replaced those units, though. I've not had any problems with mine at all. It seems pretty stable.

juheimbu said:
There were a small percentage of Wiis that got bricked by the first software update. Nintendo replaced those units, though. I've not had any problems with mine at all. It seems pretty stable.
are you talking about this?
My Wii is done :( Update! | WheelSee Dot Net

now that scares me to get a wii even more! look at all the people who say their units are broken!

if i buy one today, will it have this problem?

Cap'n Crunch said:
no not really any bugs, but dont play red steel on it(the game sucks so bad the wii will explode);)
oh so your the type that doesn't have the patience to learn the controls?
My Wii is still alive and kickin after putting that game in a few times.

anyways, like said before there arn't many problems with the Wii right now. Most of em have been fixed and/or replaced.
So you shoul be all set!

and to I eat nintendo Wiis: Well, it's not like i can say you won't have that problem, but some of the Wii's did have the problem, but im pretty sure most of em are all fixed now, but not positively sure. I'd just say buy one and dont worry about the bugs, cause everything has bugs in its system.

Back