I want to get my wii online

If you have a wireless router, then you will not need anything else to connect. The Wii should be able to pick up the wireless conection if it is positioned close enough. If you don't have a wireless router, you can buy one at a Mac Store or a computer store. Wireless neworks are easier to manage and are usually prefered among most people.

If you would prefer a wired connection, you would need to buy a Wii LAN Adapter to hook up to the Wii. You'd also need an ethernet cable and a working computer in the same room. Select wireless connection on the Wii setting inerent secion.

If you need more help, just ask and I'll be happy to give you more information.

*I'm at a local Mac Store for those who are wondering...they always have a good connection.

Last edited:
FR. said:

If you wuld prefer a wired connection, you would need to buy a Wii LAN Adapter to hook up to the Wii. You'd also need an ethernet cable and a working computer in the same room. Select wireless connection on the Wii setting inerent secion.

No, that's not true. To use the LAN adapter, there's absolutely no need to have a working computer. That would be WiFi USB stick, but that's a whole different story.

If you have wireless, just look for a wireless connection in the wii settings.

If you don't have a wireless router but want to go wireless anyway, buy the Nintendo DS Wifi USB stick which requires a computer running on XP which is connected to the internet.

If you want a wired connection, you need the Nintendo or Datel LAN adapter and an ethernet cable. You plug the adapter in the wii's USB port and the ethernet cable goes into a router/modem. If you have a LAN at home, this is an easy solution.

(Sorry for editing this post so often. I'm a perfectionist :p)

Last edited:
Back