Iam Legend

Zenoguy

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2007
U.S
talk about the "Iam Legend" movie here.
I watched the movie the first day it was out in theatres and It was one of the best movies I've saw. Sad at some parts..but

Don't worry...about a thing..cuz every little thing..is gonna be all right.:smilewinkgrin: (people who have seen the movie will know what that means.): http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnDrbagYm24

I absoloutly loved the movie and the song on it. That was sad movie at parts.

Crazy Eyes said:
That movie looks sick. It reminds me of an old Vincent Price movie.

Good call!

In fact, The Last Man on Earth (with Vincent Price) was the first movie adaptaion of the I Am Legend novel by Matheson.

Followed by Omega Man, then the current flick.

I havent' seen it yet, though I read (what I thought was the last version of) the screenplay.

I generally try to avoid comparisons to the original source material/book as I think most people (me included) accept the book will be better - if no other reason than time. 2 hours vs. 600 pages is tricky.

If it's done RIGHT however, I never mind updating the period, the technology, the characters, compressing timelines, skipping over peripheral plot elements and characters, etc. For example, people keep referring to the creatures as "zombies" - they should be something else, but it still kind of works.

What does bother me is when the core theme is lost in a novel that was written to deliver a single specific message. The title of the book/movie, the single moment that it derives from, the "it is us" concept - I guess I'll hold off till I see it (though we didn't get it in IMAX, still I might have to see it at the theater).

this movie does look very good. i wanna go see it in theaters. probably wont though. ive heard mixed opinions on this movie. some say the storyline is great but they could have done more with it. idk. i probably would really enjoy this movie so i want to see it

Was much better than I expected. I really liked how the background did a lot of story telling. The way the flash backs would tell his past piece by piece was also very well done. There wasn't a long drag in explaining what happened, so kept the movie interesting. Really enjoyed this movie. Tried to be vague to not spoil the movie.

Really looking forward to Smiths next movie.

Hes come a long way as an actor.

I just watched it online:lol:
Wasnt that good (imo)

Can i provide the link to the movie online or is that against regulations?

I'm figuring probably not. :D

I think watching movies with some so-so PQ on a dinky computer monitor really does dilute the experience. I'll either pay to the theatrical release or wait and buy/rent, and attempt to have an optimized viewing.

YMMV. :)

Well i'll wait for a mod's response before posting the link, or if you guys could get their approval.

But ya they didnt include nearly enough action and they shouldnt hae made him die, or the dog:sad: very sad part.:sad:

laderer5 said:
Well i'll wait for a mod's response before posting the link, or if you guys could get their approval.

But ya they didnt include nearly enough action and they shouldnt hae made him die, or the dog:sad: very sad part.:sad:

well he has to die either way since in every adaptation of the movie results in him dying in the end as well as the book which it is based on. Also the dog dying is also needed as it wouldn't even be half as good if she didn't die... what shouldn't be is that there are actually other people who are alive and made a little community ... since the story is more towards scientific and is the first story of its kind to explain vampireism/zombieism with scientific reasoning i think in this adaptation of the story it relied too much on "religion" and that "God" told them what to do...

I have to ask my friend how he thought the movie was, he saw it on the weekend.
It looks really good, and I love Will Smith, but his last few movies haven't really interested me all that much.

It's great to see it's doing a lot better than expected in the box office. Can't wait to see this. =]

Clish said:
well he has to die either way since in every adaptation of the movie results in him dying in the end as well as the book which it is based on. Also the dog dying is also needed as it wouldn't even be half as good if she didn't die... what shouldn't be is that there are actually other people who are alive and made a little community ... since the story is more towards scientific and is the first story of its kind to explain vampireism/zombieism with scientific reasoning i think in this adaptation of the story it relied too much on "religion" and that "God" told them what to do...

USE SPOILERS. You may be ruining the film for many people, including myself.

Back