Scariest Horror Movies Ever?????

Serious props to Suspiria, but the only movie that has seriously scared me in the past few years is Irreversible. For those of you who've seen it, you know what I'm talking about when I say: The tunnel, the fire extinguisher.

Serious props to Suspiria, but the only movie that has seriously scared me in the past few years is Irreversible. For those of you who've seen it, you know what I'm talking about when I say: The tunnel, the fire extinguisher.

How old is that movie? I haven't heard of it.

Wait, Irreversible or Suspiria?
Suspiria is 1977, and Irreversible is 2002.
Be sure you get a good copy of Irreversible if you see it...
I pirated it and watched it on my Wii :)
Luckily it was in really good quality, but if it wasn't it would've been nearly impossible to watch.
Irreversible is one of those films that makes you feel like taking a shower afterwords, sort of like Ken Park or Cannibal Holocaust, although Ken Park isn't a horror film.
However, Irreversible is definitely the most disturbing film I've ever seen.
It's done a lot like Memento, in that the film goes backwards in like ten minute chunks.
Irreversible is French, and was one of the first in the French Extreme genre.
Others include Inside, Martyrs, and High Tension.
High Tension is really great, Inside is massively ****ed up, and Martyrs is just a downright amazing movie.
All three are disturbingly violent in their own way, but Martyrs tops all three.
So, in order of intensity, the most disturbing french extreme films are as follows, in order:
1) Irreversible (king)
2) Martyrs (Very, very intelligent)
3) Inside (Not really as violent as the others, but the subject matter makes it just as disturbing)
4) High Tension (contains 2 of the best weapons ever used in a horror movie)

This may not be the scariest movie but "It" sure gave me nightmares as a child and I never took a bath for a long time o_O.

^The one with the killer clowns?
I didn't get scared when I saw it as a child.

I'm a pussy at watching scary movies and I admit it :p

sorry OP, i know its opinion. but death tunnel was awfull. fairly scary but bad.

my scariest films.

The witches when i was a kid, LOL

but now. 1408. urm dunno what else

this is from my OP from the original horror films thread, over 1 year old now lol im goin to BOLD the particular ones i found scary and underline the good ones

Silence of the lambs, hanibal lecter, red dragon, scream 1,2 and 3, no vacancy, broken, halloween, halloween H20, Halloween resurection, Halloween (remake), When a stranger calls, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, Final destination 1,2 n 3, hostel part 1, Death Tunnel, Land of the dead, dawn of the dead, Diary of the Dead, Saw 1,2,3,4,5, The decent, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, alien resurection, texas chainsaw masacre (new and old), Excorcist 1 n 2, valentine, house on haunted hill, thirteen ghosts, the haunting, Friday the thirteenth (no idea which ones there is like a million lol) new friday 13th, ghost tunnel, shallow ground, blair witch project, amityville horror, an american haunting, the omen 666, the hollow man, aracnaphobia, house of wax, cry wolf, Dead End, Dog soldiers, The covenant, i know what you did last summer, i still know what you did last summer, the grudge, the grudge 2, hide and seek, childs play 1,2,3, bride of chucky, Seeed of chucky, dark water, slither, Silent hill, Resident evil 1, 2, 3 snakes on a plane, ghost ship, Alien vs predator, predator, boogey man, the ring 1 n 2, the fog, the skeleton key, the devils rejects, wolf creek, Jeepers creepers 1 n 2, Creep, candy man 1 n 2, Long time dead, what lies beneath, Reeker. the Return, 1408, The strangers, Dead Set, Paradise Lost

so as you can see iv seen more than my fair share of horrors and i have been watching horrors since i was 8 when i first watched Scream, i never watched a horror for nearly 4 years because of that but now im like the horrors biggest fan as you can tell from all the films above (if you bothered to read them all).

Last edited:
^Godamn! That's a lot of movies.
I hardly watch any scary movies at all :-(

Wicked Little Things is a good movie that scared me a bit.
The background during night time was creepy.

yeah and theres a hell of a lot more than that. been ages since i updated it, over a year ago now.

People might be scared of saw but i love that movie.Saw 6 is about come in theaters:D

i know CANT WAIT. love saw films.

there not remotely scary but quite often make people look away. but i love them lol

I haven't seen any of the Saw films but can you guys explain to me why they haven't killed Jiggsaw? I know that he tortures people but is it like the Jason movies were he supposely dies?
I need some explanation :)

jigsaw kept away from the scenes they never found him, but you find out in saw 2 that he is dying from lukemia (sorry bout spelling) you actually might find out in number one hes dying.

anyway in saw 3 he dies (one of the victims kills him) but hes been training people to follow his foot steps.

the most confusing thing even in saw was the fact saw 3 and saw 4 happened at the exact same time, and cross paths at then end

Back