Scariest Horror Movies Ever?????

The only movie that actually had me scared was the 6th sense. But that was only because I watched it in gradeschool and it was the first actualy scary movie I had ever seen. I don't know if I just had food poisoning due to the Mexican food I ate earlier, but I was so scared from that I was delirious and nauseous when I tried to sleep that night.

Other then that I can't think of any which have been even remotely scary to me. Most of them I find laughable.

Yeah, I saw the 6th sense when I was a kid, and that also scared me. Nothing else has since then, though...except for The Ring (American Version). That freaked me out for a little bit after seeing it. Some reason I couldn't easily wrap my mind around a seemingly omnipotent, tormented soul living on through a tape with the ability to kill you in the seven days, and then being released from it to the outside world. Somehow that concept disturbed me. I thought that movie was very well-done, though I'm sure I'm the only one here who thinks so.

I get more genuinely disturbed from scary movies that have more of a psychological thriller aspect to them than having a straight-laced horror movie approach. Horror movies are either funny or disgusting to me rather than scary.

Last edited:
I agree Bio. In comparison though, I did not like the Ring. I thought it wasnt really scary, but it tried focusing so much on just, whats the word, Jump moments. Like, omg, but just for a second. I dont really like movies that rely on that.

Also, just to through this in there, the Grudge was a complete ripoff of the Ring. Same basic concept with the whole tormented soul thing.

Haha, the jump factor. Yeah, it had a bunch of moments like that, but I thought the overall delivery of the film made it successfully scare me. I think it was more focused on retaining a "subliminal message"-type of uneasiness rather than just "jump factor". For instance, the completely subliminal message-style video, the haphazardly strung flashback scenes flashing to the screen without warning whenever someone's (particularly Samara's) past is being told, and the disjointed, split-second movements of Samara herself when out of the TV.

Your thoughts don't surprise me, though. The Ring gave some really mixed reactions. Either you were completely sold on its concept or weren't at all. I was sold on it, of course. I think the movie had a lasting impact in Hollywood, though. After that movie came out, it seemed like 10 billion other PG-13 psychological thrillers came out about some supernatural tormented soul that happens to kill people...or something similar. And nine times out of ten it belonged to some estranged little kid.

And yeah, I refuse to watch The Grudge (American, at least) after seeing The Ring. Even though both were already inspired by older counterparts, seeing the preview looked so much like a Ring ripoff I didn't think it would be worth seeing (and "wtf" at a meowing kid?). I also refuse to see The Ring two. I heard so many bad things about it that I'd rather be left hanging from the first one. From what I know of it, the plot is terrrrible and puts the first to complete shame.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, there's only one movie that still manages to creep the **** out of me and that's the Exorcist.

when i was small i was affraid of... The leprechaun =[
A70-12654

leprechaun2.jpg

Why does everyone think that film is so scary? It's one of the most boring films I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
I dunno. I don't scare easy, but something about it just gets under my skin.

I dunno. I don't scare easy, but something about it just gets under my skin.

In a religious perspective, its probably the sacariest thing that can eveeeeer happen. Never seen it nor never will, but I heard from family members that it's the scariest movie they've ever seen.

Oh I don't think anybody is scared of Friday the 13th anymore. I'm just a fan... ooohhh. Okay I get ya now. :thumbsup:

I dont think anyone mentioned them, but there are these two Spanish language movies that I like. I wouldn't call them horror, more like scary/suspenseful, especially if you live alone like me and have no one to hold your hand, lol. They're worth checking out.

The Orphanage / El Orfanato
El_Orfanato-1.jpg

The Devil's Backbone / El Espinazo del Diablo
60023254.jpg

Last edited:
Back