Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If this game gets more bad reviews...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Blitz, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Blitz

Blitz WiiChat Member

will it make you not want to buy the game?

2. Zori

Zori Wii Owner Since Launch

Well I already bought it. But either way I think id still buy it launch games are just for experiences there usually not super games(besides Zelda)

3. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    I think the excite truck reviews let me down, but when its no longer new and it becomes cheaper I will check it out.

4. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

I might be getting Excite Truck as a used game. I'm still definately getting RS.

5. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    heres a quote by me this goes for all games
    "dont get reviewers to pick your games for you do it yourself some reviewers are f***s"

6. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

x2 :D A little more to the point of course, but same deal non the less. :lol: Almost as useful as consumer reports, only so many people review, and only so many products are lemons. Tomorrow, I'll def be picking up RedSteel (assuming I can get a copy) first, then I'll be debating between NFS:Carbon or Excite Truck. No review is hindering my decisions. :thumbsup:

7. Zori

Zori Wii Owner Since Launch

AMEN! oh and @ tuned there both pretty short games. my friend got carbon for ps2 an said he beat it in 3 days. excite truck your supposed to beat in one day. excite truck is super fun tho. i say excite truck :ihih: an this isnt a review really :p

8. Sanjo

Sanjo Wiseman of the Sea

Just take reviews as advice, people are vastly differently even if they try to be unbiased. The fact that there IS a pretty bad review when just about everyone is saying good things is proof enough.

And please, don't say "if there are any more", only gamespot has really hit the game hard. Come to think of it, they judged a few ps3 games harshly too.. oh well, their one bad review to everyone elses? They are entitled to their thoughts, but before making a choice read about 4 or 5 reviews, decide if this type of game is usually in your interest, and if you can put most of it's features to use. For example, I have 4 remotes waiting to be picked up, and plenty of people to play with, so regardless I will squeeze SOME fun out of it, and the game still looks great by itself.

We won't know until we play it but..I can say I expect to be pleased with it, and it will make a great start to my wii collection along side monkey ball and zelda, even if it isn't a incredible game. 5.5 is still better then some of the ratings ps3 games have gotten, not to bash the ps3. (Was unable to snag one.. missed out on the pre-order due to the extremely small number... 4 at the eb I am getting my wii at.)

9. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

i like to read reviews, but i dont let them be my decision for which games i buy.

10. nkbswe5

nkbswe5 nkbswe5. RLY!

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Well due to reviews Im gonna wait. Since everyone is buying it I'll see how they feel and play it at their house or something. Yarr.

11. Booty Clapper

Booty Clapper WiiChat Member

I read all bad reviews on it, but i bought it anyway. It's fun, i enjoy it. Takes a little while to get used to though.

12. nametilf

nametilf WiiChat Member

agreed!

you shouldnt really follow game reviews. if something is completely horrible, there will be so many ppl pissed that youll hear about it, even if you dont go spe cificly reading about it. after playing redsteel it seems like an average FPS. its a launch title people, not halo 3. its basics, and an introduction to the new play style the wii has, any other questions? :p

13. RichardC01

RichardC01 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1066-4321-0519-7062
    1066-4321-0519-7062
    I want a FPS for the Wii, and call of duty seems a better anyway. I'll wait till one of my friends has one before making any decision.

14. Seibar

Seibar WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3674-4969-0601-4340
    3674-4969-0601-4340
    go rent it when you can if you can't decide. any game can and will be fun to different people. the art style and story line appeals to me in red steel, as does the sword play.

one thing I think is funny is how the enemies constantly swear and curse, making this a higher rated game.. yet there is no blood!! I really want some bloody sword fights and I hope there is an option for it after beating the game. at least for the ending of fights where you basically kill them anyhow!