Liger_zero9999

JP Photobook Expert
Jan 22, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
hey everyone,

---------------
this question is mainly aimed at people with cars. but if you have a good idea, please post it:)

----------
ok, well my best friend who races a seedway car ( dirt track racing car for those of you in the US.A) will be retring at the QLD titles for his class of car, and he wants to record his racing so i can put it onto DVD for him.

i can not mount the camera on the passenger seat, as he has no passenger racing seat, but he does have the X part of the rollcage there.

is there a way that i can mount it on the rollcage without damaging it ? like some sort of clamp?

i also need to find a way to protect the lens from dirt and mud that will come through the car. I was originally thinking of a clamp to mount the camera to the rollcage, and a bit of perspex to protect it form the mud and dirt.

but how would i mount the camrea to the clamp?:confused:

or if you have any good ideas please share. i am not willing to pay thousands of dollars for one of those bullet cams

the X part of the rollcage is circled below. the picture is not the best, but it shows what it needs to

EAFront333.jpg

IOPort Racing camera mount - used one for years - Poly-U shock bushings, very adjustable (you should be able to mount on an angle like the x-brace and still get a flat shot).

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CM&Category_Code=IOPP

Amazing product for the price ($109.00)

Give them a call or shoot them an email with the rollcage pics, and they will clarify 100% if it can be used.

I ran with a Canon DV camera on it - used it in my Supra (custom 4-point) and my Z06 (BK harness bar) - it's got a standard camera mount so anything will work on it. I taped up my bars where it clamped just to prevent any possible damage.

:)

d3534d3c.jpg

Last edited:
I would really like to put a full cage in my stang, but I think I'd have to have it professionally done, not something I want to be messing with.

In-car camera would be fun, and most likely would scare people who watched it. :shifty:

Back