Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Interested in creating Wii Game FAQs?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by breakpoint, Oct 23, 2006.

1. breakpoint

breakpoint breakpointuk.com

Is anyone interested in creating FAQs for Wii games?

Here how it should work:-

The writers have to be active on wiichat.com
    The FAQs would be distributed with an open license but remain the property of the writers
    The FAQs must not be edited by anyone apart from invited writers
    The writers must be prepared to actually do some writing (sounds dumb but this happens alot)
    If there too many writers signing up for one title then examples of the writing ablility maybe requested
    Upto 3 writers per game (unless more is needed) - one of which is a senior writer (which would submit versions to the overall editor)

Comments / Questions?

2. i0n

i0n :eek:

Sounds interesting, are you familiar with the Wikipedia and its editing and writing setup?

I could install a similar mini site on here, where anyone can add information that is vetted by a team of editors etc.

3. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

That would be awesome to put in! But i0n I think I'm the only one but I still want to see the new layout/logo stuff!!

4. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

Wii Friend Code: 8507-9443-5099-4224
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Wow, you come up with some great ideas. =)

We could have like a whole team on these forums, just for FAQs on Wii games! That would be pretty cool... I support it, and I also hope to be part of that team. (Although I wouldn't realy want to wright the FAQs right away, since I will be playing the Wii like nonstop.) xD

5. i0n

i0n :eek:

I know man, i feel your pain :(

Shouldnt be long now, also there's gonna be a few extra features gonna be added before the Wii launch.

6. Mecko

Mecko WiiChat Member

This is a good idea when all the launch titles come rolling in..your going to have to play alot of games though lol

7. acer589

acer589 WiiChat Member

If anyone wants it, I would totally be a dedicated fact checker. Of course, after launch that job kinda goes out the window.

#7 acer589, Oct 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  8. m7ticalm

m7ticalm WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0287-9971-6660-4138
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Heaps cool idea, maybe u could even do it BEFORE the launch so we can get the feel of writing them with gamecube FAQs..

9. breakpoint

breakpoint breakpointuk.com

Glad to see some positive responses...

we could use a pdf creation to add maps, slighty better than the txt stuff you normally get

i was also thinking about writing a custom text viewer which could handle oversized pictures, which would include a zoom function (for maps)

---

granted everyone is gonna be on a mad one when the wii boots for the first time and writing anything is gonna be a the back of everyone's mind... but as long as you remember what you are doing and write it down afterwards, well, you are on your way to writing a walkthrough.

if the structure is in place before the wii (and games) are released then everyone will know what to do!

more thoughts...?