Internet Connection Question.

Lemingwinks

WiiChat Member
Sep 18, 2006
I was trying to determin if I should or should not buy the wii or even start saving for it. My decision is hanging on whether or not I will be able to connect to the WiiConnect without having to buy a bunch of wireless emitors, that will cost an a arm and leg. Or if I would be able to connect a ethernet cord from my modem to the system, without having to pay a **** load for some converter. Any inside info would be appreciated, or just some advise. THANKS.:crazy:

Umm, 3 methods, if you have a wireless router then your Wii will pick it up right away, or you can buy a ethernet-to-USB cord to plug into your modem to your Wii, or you could buy a $40 thing that plugs into your computer, feeds off of the internet, then sends out wireless waves like a wireless router would.p

Don't buy the DS wireless adapter, the range is terrible. Get the WiFi Max for PSP, you can connect any WiFi device to it and the range is a lot better. Either only cost about $30-40US

registerednerd said:
Don't buy the DS wireless adapter, the range is terrible. Get the WiFi Max for PSP, you can connect any WiFi device to it and the range is a lot better. Either only cost about $30-40US

how will this work with wii connect 24?

Hang on heres a question about internet conetions

What if its un pluged (ie to take to a non belivers house)
will it ask
Zero wing said:
What happen

please help me. I don't have a computer or the internet so what do I need to go online on my wii? When I try to connect it does connect to one person but he has it locked and I need a password. Someone please help me.

Get a Comcast Broadband Internet connection, afterward get a Wireless router. Simple. Now stop your moaning.

Edit: Also WiFi Max sucks, it has shitty range. I suggest getting a Linksys Wireless router, they were 70 bucks, but now it's on sale for 50. Here's the link: Linksys - 802.11g Wireless Router - WRT54G

28812850 said:
please help me. I don't have a computer or the internet so what do I need to go online on my wii? When I try to connect it does connect to one person but he has it locked and I need a password. Someone please help me.

Continue spamming and your posting privledges will be removed.

Back