Internet connection trouble

snugglemel

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
Hi,and before i go any further yes i am new to the site and no i'm not a computer tech genious so i appologise if i sound unintelligent to the rest of you.I want my wii to be online like everyone else,the wii is in our living room and the pc is in the dining room so i cant connect them through the router and we don't really want to invest in a wireless router just for the wii.So i red about the nintendo wi-fi usb connector and thought that would be my best option.After doing everything the instructions said i get an error code and it says the lan adaptor isnt connected properly i don't no if that means the usb connector but it is in correct.I understand you have to have a compatible online game in the wii to set the internet up and as there is only 2 and i don't have either yet maybe this is the problem?I somehow don't think this is the case,any help or advice would be greatfully recieved,thanks in advance :wink:

the wii says the lan adapter isnt connected properly?

if you are sure you have the wifi usb dongle setup on the pc correctly, it sounds as though you need to tell the wii to search for wireless instead of wired.

if the wii is mentioning a lan adapter then it is trying for a wired signal, which obviously isnt there. from the wii setup menu, when setting up your connection you need to tell it if the connection is going to be 'wired' or 'wireless', in your case you need to set it for wireless :yesnod:

Back