Connecting to the Internet

WiiWidget

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
So all I need to connect to the Internet with my Wii is the Wii Wifi USB connector?

I have cable internet, but my computer and modem are upstairs and the Wii is downstairs.

But this shouldn't be a problem with the WiFi connector, because it is wireless and picks up the signal right?

I do not have a router, do I need one to transmit the signal down to the wii, or will it pick up the signal anyway?

Thanks!
:D

There is no Wii USB WiFi adapter. Only a Wii USB LAN adapter, which isn't out yet.

If you already have a wireless connection then you are good to go because the Wii has wireless connectivity built in.

csiguy4u said:
There is no Wii USB WiFi adapter. Only a Wii USB LAN adapter, which isn't out yet.

If you already have a wireless connection then you are good to go because the Wii has wireless connectivity built in.
No, actually there is a USB WiFi adapter, but it plugs into your computer, not the Wii. However, the range on it is terrible, so unless your computer is right above the Wii, it won't pick up. I recommend a WiFi router.

registerednerd said:
No, actually there is a USB WiFi adapter, but it plugs into your computer, not the Wii. However, the range on it is terrible, so unless your computer is right above the Wii, it won't pick up. I recommend a WiFi router.

I agree there is a USB WiFi adapter. But there is not one made to go with the Wii like he stated. . . unless you can provide a link. There is NO Wii WiFi adapter. There is a DS WiFi adapter though, and of course many 3rd party ones not specifically made for using in conjunction with game systems.

I use the DS wifi adapter and it works just fine. I've moved my Wii all around the house upstairs and downstairs and i get perfect signal anywhere

Back