Internet connection

as long as you have high speed internet with wireless, you will be good to go right out of the box and yes its 100% free (well the VC games arnt free). if you dont have wireless you can eather A) get a wireless router or B) get a USB-to-Ehternet converter for you Wii and connect with a wire

Thanks

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awsome. its like free xbox live. but without the headset:lol:

Yeah I was just thinking, how, if at all, will we talk to people when playing online on the Wii?

I'm guessing Nintendo will release a bluetooth wireless headset, since that what it uses for the controllers and there are already tons of bluetooth headsets.

If Nintendo doesn't do it, I'm sure some hacker will.

Yeah, there was a rumor for a while that the wiimote would have a built-in mic, but Nintendo has said there will be no such mic.

We've discussed that in another thread and we all soon realized a mic in the wiimote really wouldn't work because you're going to be flailing your wiimote around and anything you said into in while moving it would sound distorted and wind would be picked up by the mic as well.

Online voice chat would be best with a small, wireless bluetooth headset, like this one:
M3000_B.jpg

Yeah I figured that, but the question is will Nintendo alow just any Bluetooth headset? And is it me or does it seem like Nintendo isn't pushing the online multiplayer as much as they should? I mean they are restricing any 3rd party developer rights to even DEVELOP for Nintendo's online service until the beginning of 2007. So that means we won't see a 3rd party online title until mid '07. Kind of crapy of Nintendo to even do that.

Hopefully, they're just refining their online service and who knows, maybe they'll get rid of the whole friend code thing and have nice online profiles, possibly using your Mii as your virtual self.

I think Nintendo knows if it doesn't start making games playable online, they'll really lose a huge audiance and for those that buy Wii anyway, they will be less inclined to buy the Wii version of a game when the Xbox 360 and/or PS3 version is online.

NateTheGreat said:
Yeah, there was a rumor for a while that the wiimote would have a built-in mic, but Nintendo has said there will be no such mic.

We've discussed that in another thread and we all soon realized a mic in the wiimote really wouldn't work because you're going to be flailing your wiimote around and anything you said into in while moving it would sound distorted and wind would be picked up by the mic as well.

Online voice chat would be best with a small, wireless bluetooth headset, like this one:
M3000_B.jpg

that looks a lot like the new xbox one coming out

Back