Internet favorites w/ no thumbnail

PerrinTop

WiiChat Member
Sep 25, 2010
TX
As we all probably know, when you save web page as a 'favorite' on the wii, you get a little thumbnail screen cap of the web page. For some reason, my thumbnails aren't appearing now. I just get a star. I'd had the default favs for a while without using them, then I wanted to check my yahoo mail so I clicked on that one, then the thumbnail changed to the yahoo page that appeared. Then, when I saved another page to my favorites, the screen cap for that page appeared as the thumbnail for the yahoo favorite. Strange. So I deleted that and the Google favorites but I'm still only getting a star when I save one. Anyone know how to fix this?

I may be wrong, but...

I may be wrong, but I think the thumbnails are not generated based on the favicon of the page you are visiting, but rather are generated based on the content of the page you are viewing when you save the favorite. Try navigating to a different page within the same website and save a favorite from there instead.

Well, the problem I was having was that when I tried to save a new favorite, it would only be a star. Then, if I deleted an older favorite (that did have an image) then re-saved it, I would get a star. OR I would get the same image that was there previously even though the current page's appearance had changed. Very odd. I don't know what caused it but I just wrote down all the favorites I had on a piece of paper (there's a max 50 anyway, i think so not that much to write) and I went into the Wii's memory through the menu and just deleted the save file for the Internet Channel.

Clean slate, problem solved.

Back