Internet probs. Wont mind a bit of help if there's any going

Mrjonnydz

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hi,
This is my first post on here.

Right, bit of background info for ya.
Ive got a wireless router connected to the households main PC. On my other computer ive got a USB reciever for that wirless internet connection. That obviously picks up the signal from the main PC and allows my to surf the web.

Now, for my Wii to pick up the wireless internet connection from the main PC, will i need to plug the USB reciever (which is in my other PC) into it. :confused:

Another thing. Forget all this ' hacking the shopping channel ' buisness. How would i properly browse the web on the Wii. If its something to do with
' points ' were do i get theese ' points ' from. How much etc...

Mrjonnydz said:
Hi,
This is my first post on here.

Right, bit of background info for ya.
Ive got a wireless router connected to the households main PC. On my other computer ive got a USB reciever for that wirless internet connection. That obviously picks up the signal from the main PC and allows my to surf the web.

Now, for my Wii to pick up the wireless internet connection from the main PC, will i need to plug the USB reciever (which is in my other PC) into it. :confused:

Another thing. Forget all this ' hacking the shopping channel ' buisness. How would i properly browse the web on the Wii. If its something to do with
' points ' were do i get theese ' points ' from. How much etc...

the "usb receiver" you are referring to, much be a wireless usb adapter. And no, the wii has internal wifi, so it can connect to your router on it's own.

And the shop channel hack no longer works. If you want to browse the web, you have to wait until they have Opera browser available in the shop(rumored to be the 23rd of dec) and it will be free. And wii points used for VC games can be bought as gift card like things in stores like wal-mart, or purchased with a credit card through the shop channel.

Where did you hear that Opera will be free ?? Last I heard you had to purchase it with points.

Be cool if it is free though, leaves more points for VC games :)

I have heard it will be free up until July 2007, then you must pay if you want to keep the channel.

Goots said:
Where did you hear that Opera will be free ?? Last I heard you had to purchase it with points.

Be cool if it is free though, leaves more points for VC games :)

The same place everyone else on these forums heard it, most likely.

opera IS free, nintendo have confirmed it. The only way you will pay for it is if you buy the wii after July 2007. You can 'purchase'/download it from the wii shop channel from (i think) 23rd Dec.

chessaholic said:
opera IS free, nintendo have confirmed it. The only way you will pay for it is if you buy the wii after July 2007. You can 'purchase'/download it from the wii shop channel from (i think) 23rd Dec.

call it nintendos xmas present to u! lol

Woo Santa gonna bring me a browser WoohOoo!

Back