Someone Please Help (internet probs)

InkLeach

WiiChat Member
Aug 4, 2007
Hey,
I've been trying to get my Wii online ALL FREAKIN DAY!..but i just aint havin any luck at all,its startin to totally frustrate me.
I bought the Lan Adapter,plugged it into the back of my wii,connected my Crossover cable from the back of my PC into it an was hoping for a miracle.

I dont have a router but managed to get connected to xbox live using the method of internet sharing (windows 98...i think)..i was hoping i could do something similar with the wii and i read on some forums of people doing it this way.
I keep getting error message 51420,it think it is,but cant think what else to do,does anyone have a solution to this?any help would be amazing!

(my setup is...Modem into USB port of Pc and Crossover from ethernet port to Wii lan adapter)

Thanks
Ink

Using your modem VIA USB isn't very smart, but if that's all you got, do it. But all you need to do is select both connections in your "My Network Connections" of your XP, dunno about vista, but just select both and rightclick them, choose bridge connections, and that should be all you need to do.

Edit:// And now that I read you're running windows 98, you're SOL and JWF'd. I haven't used 98 since '98.

haha i havent used 98 since 98 hey man hope that helps anyway i hope ya get ya wii connected goodluck

Possibly a stupid question but have you set up the connection in the Wii settings menu? It's just that from reading your post it sounded like you've just plugged the cable in and done nothing else although I'm probably miscalculating.

hey,yeah its not windows 98 at all,im a freakin moron..it is XP and i dont even know why i thought it was 98.i tried goin thro all the settings on the wii,manually entering all the info too,no luck...bummer..al try what you said OmegaForte

If it's XP then, have you made sure that you've set up a home network with your Wii on? If not, go to Control Panel and click on the "Home Network Wizard". It's pretty self explanatory from there.

You can always get ahold of me on my MSN, it's in my profile.

Back