Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need advice and help on Wii LAN connection

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by NATDAMAN, Sep 15, 2007.

1. NATDAMAN

NATDAMAN WiiChat Member

Hello, i'm gettin a Nintendo wii next week and i'm buying a LAN adaptor so i can play online. I have a standard DSL modem(Thompson speedtouch 330) (not router,dont want to buy1 really) and a free ethernet port at the back of my pc. Can i plug a ethernet cable into the Nintendo wii LAN adaptor then straight to my pc and access the internet that way on the Nintendo wii? if it helps i play xbox live that way(ethernet in back of xbox to pc) so i know i can get a internet connection thorugh their. Thankz

2. Zackh321

Zackh321 WiiChat Member

I've never done this. I've always used a router or hub to make a little lan network. However, I seem to remember something about crossover cables that directly communicate between two ethernet cards or two hubs/routers. Anyone know anything about that as far as how to make one? I know there are some instructions from somewhere I saw that told you how to create one but I've never had to use it since I don't have a large network. I only have two computers and a Wii.

I edited to clarify what the crossover cable did. Direct communication between two ethernet cards or two hubs/routers. The way I originally wrote it didn't come out right :)

#2 Zackh321, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007