Is it against the rules to post links on this site? take 2

Sephro97

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Well since you lock the thread before I can reply I am forced to create a new thread....

So what do we have to do for future reference if we want to post a link to a wii related site that I think is cool and thought others might enjoy too?

Do you email a mod and get permission? Or if its not my first post I won't get banned? (sorry I can't ask in PM"s because I do not have enough posts)

Depends your intention. If you are merely promoting a different Wii site, that isn't allowed. However if you have got a interesting article or something; it has been done so I don't see the problem and I think its allowed. Final decision is made by the Mods/Admin.

Sephro97 said:
I don't see this being any sort of a competitor of this site..
here is what I posted..
http://digg.com/gaming_news/MiiPlaza_net_Upload_Mii_Characters_Find_Friends
is that allowed?

Here's why i removed your thread.

Your first post on the forum was a thread containing a link to that digg url you posted above, along with a direct link to the site. (i can only presume you posted the digg url aswell to gain some more votes from digg users here).

Within minutes of that thread being made, low and behold another new member made their first post praising the the links you gave and stating that they too 'dugg' it.

On closer inspection that reply was from the same person who submitted your website to digg in the first place, do you follow? He also posted the sites link in the second post he made here.

This made me think the only reason those 2 members joined was to promote their website, and you continuing to make a fuss about it only proves that further.

Ha Dig Dug - does anyone remember playing that game??

BOT: If a moderator closes your topic, it's usualy a good idea not to post it again..

Back