Is it worth it? (Metroid 2)

Roadrunner32

WMFL Commisioner
Jan 24, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
5919-7119-9790-6555
(1st Post!)

OK, I have a quick question. I was at my local Blockbuster, And I saw in the Used games section "Metroid Prime 2 Echoes" for $9.99. I have only played Metroid on DS and have never really played much Mettroid to know what its like. I was just wondering if it is worth buying or not. I am a Halo fan so I think I would like it, but I'm not sure.

Also there were two wiimotes but I didn't have 40 Bucks!!!

So, should I buy it or save my ten bucks and get Mario Kart 64 on the VC? (even tho I have it on N64 already)

Last edited:
Well, the Metroid Prime series is not like Halo. The DS game is actually a bit different, as well. The Prime series on the cube is a first person action adventure game, with some shooting in it. Rather than controlling the game with one joystick moving and straffing and the other looking around, you move around solely with the first joystick and the second is used to switch weapons. You can only look around by standing still and holding a button down.

Like I said, the game is more of an action adventure than a shooter. There is some platforming, and alot of puzzling. If you like action adventure and sci fi, I would definitely recomend the game. The graphics are beautiful and the story is interesting. Just be ready to recognize it as not a shooter. Prime and Prime 2: Echoes got rave reviews. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/589573.asp
$9.99 sounds like a deal to me. :)

Yeah, Prime Hunters is much more action based as will be Corruption due to the sweet new controls. To answer your other questions, I wouldn't get mariokart, N64 is new enough that you can just play the original for free. For NES and SNES I wouldn't though. Don't want to break them.

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes were and are my favorite games for the GameCube (besides SSBM). If you like a lengthy first-person shooter game with puzzles and story, I highly reccommend it. I am going to pre-order Corruption as soon as possible.

Never played either Prime games, I own the first one. I'd probably buy the 2nd one next time I come across it and play it someday though.

I never played Echoes, I heard multiplayer wasn't that great, but I'd still like to whoop my bro in it. XD I might pick it up, actually..

I know you can find the first at your local gamestop/eb for $6, the second is probably just as cheap now so you could go there and save a few more bucks

I just got MP2 about a week ago. I sold my cube for it actually (that and some credit at EB). It's worth more than Mario Kart, especially if you already have it. Go ahead spend the 10 bucks (man cost me 15) and enjoy some Metroid!

Roadrunner32 said:
(1st Post!)

OK, I have a quick question. I was at my local Blockbuster, And I saw in the Used games section "Metroid Prime 2 Echoes" for $9.99. I have only played Metroid on DS and have never really played much Mettroid to know what its like. I was just wondering if it is worth buying or not. I am a Halo fan so I think I would like it, but I'm not sure.

Also there were two wiimotes but I didn't have 40 Bucks!!!

So, should I buy it or save my ten bucks and get Mario Kart 64 on the VC? (even tho I have it on N64 already)

I really think you should get it (or play it) after metroid prime 1 before going onto metroid 2, also halo is quite different compared to metroid so dont expect a halo-type game, i think the metroid series is definitly worth playing if you like FPS.

Back